Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Nexo PS10 R2 controller question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexo PS10 R2 controller question

Guys i can get my hands on some fair new PS10 R2 ...

These are coming WITHOUT a controller , is a controller necessary ? can i not go straight out my dynacord powered desk with a small powered sub on the AUX channel,  or is this a big no no ?

Otherwise i will have to fork out 650 quid for a R2 controller ...... (

Thoughts please ...

The speaker system is designed to be used with that controller. It can only guarantee to meet specs if used with the controller. 

Of course you can use the speakers without the controller but it won't sound as it was designed. The controller provides EQ, limiting, and filter cutoffs.

Comment

What oldschooler said,,,,, and,,,, go with the digital processor (PS10TD R2???). or better yet, the NXAMP4X4. if you want "sensing" capabilities.

http://nexo-sa.com/en/systems/nxamp/

Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

• chrispeters
        chrispeters commented
        Editing a comment

yeah i already have a pair of the older nexo R1 , with the controller ( blue coloured ) and i love em .

But i heard these newer R2 nexo will not work correctly with the older controller and i must buy the R2 control for them ( black and silver coloured ) but its 650 quid , wish there was another way round it (

cheers guys

Correct, the sub protection will not be effective for the subs because there's no relation between the two different subs.

Comment

• Bobby1Note
        Bobby1Note commented
        Editing a comment

agedhorse wrote:
        Correct, the sub protection will not be effective for the subs because there's no relation between the two different subs.

I don't see how he'll have protection to his tops either. The processor requires that it be used with amplifiers that have "sensing" capability. I haven't had time to read his powered-mixers' manual yet, but I seriously doubt this would be the case (DynaCord powered mixer)..

When using the Nexo amp (NEXAMP4X1 or NEXAMP4X4) the three components (processor.amp,enclosure) work together to monitor excursion, voice-coil temperature, and voltage correction.

Nexo suggests that the PS10 enclosures can take 2000w/ 8 Ohms with the proper combination working together. I doubt this analogue processor (PS10TD R2) would allow anywhere near that level.

Working...
    X