M-Audio GSR12 vs Alto TS112A

• Members

I bought a pair of GSR12s for my wife's karaoke system when they were on sale. Now the second one was sent in for warranty work, but Avid sold M-audio to inMusic, and they don't have parts for repairs. They are offering to replace either one, or both of the GSRs with the Altos.
My question; how do the altos compare with the m-audios? Anyone have firsthand experience with both cabs?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by madjack

View Post

Now the second one was sent in for warranty work, but Avid sold M-audio to inMusic, and they don't have parts for repairs. They are offering to replace either one, or both of the GSRs with the Altos.

This is something that should cause the eyelids of some of us here to snap wide open...

• Members

I have heard the Alto TS122A cabs and plan to buy a set in the near future. No, they are not as good as my EV and QSC powered tops, but they are light and loud. I plan to use the Altos as small gig FOH and monitors when needed, especially when weight or concern about environmental issues weigh on my mind.

• Members

Received some more information and thought I should share. Apparently, the amp module is faulty in the gsr12, and inMusic doesn't have replacement parts for it. I suggested that the ts115a cab spec'ed closer to the gsr12, but inMusic would only offer the ts112a as replacement. They are, however, offering a full one year warranty on the alto, instead of my warranty expiring in March, so one alto is on its way and I have a rma to return the remaining gsr12 at inMusic's expense, and they will send a second ts112a.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by madjack

View Post

Received some more information and thought I should share. Apparently, the amp module is faulty in the gsr12, and inMusic doesn't have replacement parts for it. I suggested that the ts115a cab spec'ed closer to the gsr12, but inMusic would only offer the ts112a as replacement. They are, however, offering a full one year warranty on the alto, instead of my warranty expiring in March, so one alto is on its way and I have a rma to return the remaining gsr12 at inMusic's expense, and they will send a second ts112a.

listed output is a couple db lower on the Alto, but who knows how closely the measuring means are of each other. Driver specs look about the same. Guessing you will be getting very similar speakers in return. You'll have to let us know what you think! At least they are doing something to help you out, although its pretty lame when a nearly new speaker already has no support.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived