Running wireless in multiples------------------issues?

• Members

An opportunity has presented itself to start renting wireless units for theatre. I've picked up several AT 2000 and 3000 series units in preparation. AT has a pretty nice set of articles concerning succesfull use of wireless gear that I've learned a lot from. However, a few questions have popped up as I have seen (or heard from reliable sources) of folks doing much the opposite of AT's suggestions, and doing just fine.

1--Casing the receivers. AT speaks about the problems of the metal parts of the case causing interference issues. I can't see these things NOT being in a case, they wouldn't last a minute as a rental. 

2--Touching or parrallel antenna causing interference. I can see touching being a problem but if you have a stack of 4-6 of these units, how should the all the antennas be pointed?

3--What is the suggested span of frequency seperation from unit to unit? at one point they suggest 1 mhz and then show a chart that (in some cases) is only 500 khz.

4--Antenna splitters--------------is there such a thing as a "generic" splitter or do I have to use an AT product? I know they are frequency-range specific but are there other issues at stake?     

Any other pearls of wisdom are welcome

• Members

I prefer to stick with the same manufacturer, in part because of the integrated power distribution that they provide. I haven't tried it, but shure and AT use the same power supply scheme so provided the rf bandwidth was the same they should work ok. Disclaimer.... Not tested

Archived