Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running wireless in multiples------------------issues?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running wireless in multiples------------------issues?

An opportunity has presented itself to start renting wireless units for theatre. I've picked up several AT 2000 and 3000 series units in preparation. AT has a pretty nice set of articles concerning succesfull use of wireless gear that I've learned a lot from. However, a few questions have popped up as I have seen (or heard from reliable sources) of folks doing much the opposite of AT's suggestions, and doing just fine.

1--Casing the receivers. AT speaks about the problems of the metal parts of the case causing interference issues. I can't see these things NOT being in a case, they wouldn't last a minute as a rental. 

2--Touching or parrallel antenna causing interference. I can see touching being a problem but if you have a stack of 4-6 of these units, how should the all the antennas be pointed?

3--What is the suggested span of frequency seperation from unit to unit? at one point they suggest 1 mhz and then show a chart that (in some cases) is only 500 khz.

4--Antenna splitters--------------is there such a thing as a "generic" splitter or do I have to use an AT product? I know they are frequency-range specific but are there other issues at stake?     

Any other pearls of wisdom are welcome

Spacing is more complicated than that - start here:

http://ff.audiotechnica.com/cgi-bin/tvfreqcheck/tvfreqcheck2.cgi

"We Have Met the Enemy and He is Us" - Walt Kelly​

Comment

• Tomm Williams
      Tomm Williams commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I saw that chart and ran some samples. That is partly where I'm getting the confusion. I see suggested multiple channels that are closer than 1mhz

I prefer to stick with the same manufacturer, in part because of the integrated power distribution that they provide. I haven't tried it, but shure and AT use the same power supply scheme so provided the rf bandwidth was the same they should work ok. Disclaimer.... Not tested

Comment

Working...
    X