Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Running wireless in multiples------------------issues?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running wireless in multiples------------------issues?

An opportunity has presented itself to start renting wireless units for theatre. I've picked up several AT 2000 and 3000 series units in preparation. AT has a pretty nice set of articles concerning succesfull use of wireless gear that I've learned a lot from. However, a few questions have popped up as I have seen (or heard from reliable sources) of folks doing much the opposite of AT's suggestions, and doing just fine.

1--Casing the receivers. AT speaks about the problems of the metal parts of the case causing interference issues. I can't see these things NOT being in a case, they wouldn't last a minute as a rental. 

2--Touching or parrallel antenna causing interference. I can see touching being a problem but if you have a stack of 4-6 of these units, how should the all the antennas be pointed?

3--What is the suggested span of frequency seperation from unit to unit? at one point they suggest 1 mhz and then show a chart that (in some cases) is only 500 khz.

4--Antenna splitters--------------is there such a thing as a "generic" splitter or do I have to use an AT product? I know they are frequency-range specific but are there other issues at stake?     

Any other pearls of wisdom are welcome

Spacing is more complicated than that - start here:

http://ff.audiotechnica.com/cgi-bin/tvfreqcheck/tvfreqcheck2.cgi

"We Have Met the Enemy and He is Us" - Walt Kelly​

Comment

• Tomm Williams
      Tomm Williams commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I saw that chart and ran some samples. That is partly where I'm getting the confusion. I see suggested multiple channels that are closer than 1mhz

I prefer to stick with the same manufacturer, in part because of the integrated power distribution that they provide. I haven't tried it, but shure and AT use the same power supply scheme so provided the rf bandwidth was the same they should work ok. Disclaimer.... Not tested

Comment

Working...
    X