No announcement yet.

Recommend me a snake with a reel......affordable

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a snake with a reel......affordable

Looking for a affordable snake on a reel.  Not top of the line, not bottom of the bucket.  We plan on 30-40 shows a year max.  WHeels are a plus.  24 channel with 4 auxs....100 to 150 ft???

Jack of all trades....Master of none...

Here ya go; complete with a few extra returns.

http://audiopile.net/products/Stagelink_snakes/RPPX-24-8/RPPX-24-8_cutsheet.shtml

Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

I suggest that you go with eight aux return lines for a 24 channel snake. The incremental cost of four extra returns is fairly low, and it is better to have a few too many channels than even one too few. I would personnally pick 150' as the length for a reel snake. The extra cost of 50' of cable isn't bad, since much of the cost is in the head and tail of a snake.

I have a couple of EWI snakes (not on a reel, however), and folks on this forum generally seem to think they (EWI snakes) are of good quality at a very decent price. I have had good service from the vendor, Audiopile; the owners are good folks to work with. Mark C.
    "Good tools are expensive. Cheap tools are damned expensive."

Comment

• srp72ee
      srp72ee commented
      Editing a comment

+1 on the EWI Snakes from Audiopile.  I have the 24-12 on a reel.

+1 on Audiopile.net

Great quality products, very reasonable prices, and service to back it up.

Comment

race81 wrote:

Looking for a affordable snake on a reel.  Not top of the line, not bottom of the bucket.  We plan on 30-40 shows a year max.  WHeels are a plus.  24 channel with 4 auxs....100 to 150 ft???

In addition to the 24x8 reel-snake I mentioned above, I think it's a good idea to add a stage-snake or drop-snake, which gives you more flexibility over where to place the stage-box. When I bought my 16x8 reel-snake, I simultaneously ordered a 50' 8x4 stage-snake, That stage-snake can then be plugged into the main stage-box of the reel-snake, and allows you to place the stage-snakes' stage-box next to a drum-kit for example. (where you have many mics).. I chose a stage-snake over a drop-snake, for the returns. (active drum monitors/ active back-line monitors).

Frankly, if I were ordering a 24 channel reel-snake, I'd probably go with 12 returns. It depends on how many monitor mixes you'll provide,,,now,,, and in the future. I added a PreSonus SL 24;4,2. after buying my 16x8 reel-snake(I had only a MixWiz back then). That console has 10 aux-sends, so I can't use its' full potential. I'll be ordering a 24x12 reel-snake shortly. (10 monitor mixes & FOH)

Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

• srp72ee
        srp72ee commented
        Editing a comment

Bobby1Note wrote: 

Frankly, if I were ordering a 24 channel reel-snake, I'd probably go with 12 returns. It depends on how many monitor mixes you'll provide,,,now,,, and in the future. I added a PreSonus SL 24;4,2. after buying my 16x8 reel-snake(I had only a MixWiz back then). That console has 10 aux-sends, so I can't use its' full potential. I'll be ordering a 24x12 reel-snake shortly. (10 monitor mixes & FOH)

Anything more than 6 monitor mixes requires a separate monitor console IMO.  I do two shows a year with 6 monitor mixes.  The group of musicians is outstanding so its not bad.  I wouldn't consider running 10 mixes from FOH unless they were all IEM's.  That's just me though...

Working...
    X