3 flight cases. It's been 3 months. Am I right in being pissed?

• Members

Ordered 3 ATA cases.

24"x23"x48" with castors.

A case to fit a Marshall head (top pulls off)

A custom snake case, oh probably 28"x 24" x 33" for ballpark.

It's been 3 months and no cases. Built from scratch. Is this taking pretty long or is this typical? The big trunk is a stock item, the amp heads they do. The snake case is custom. The invoice was paid on Nov 11, On Nov 26 they said "we are getting there" mid dec they said they wouldn't be ready for New Years. Last word I got was they should be ready by the Friday that just passed.

I was stoked because they were in the same province. They have an ad on our Craigslist style website. I think I'll be posting a "don't buy from XXXX because its a scam"

There's more cases I want but I'll be damned if I buy them from those clowns. If they aren't here by the 15th, I'm heading there (5 hours away) to pick up either my cases or a refund.

What the {censored}.

God damn I wish you shipped to Canada Audiopyle.

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

Ordered 3 ATA cases.

24"x23"x48" with castors.

A case to fit a Marshall head (top pulls off)

A custom snake case, oh probably 28"x 24" x 33" for ballpark.

It's been 3 months and no cases. Built from scratch. Is this taking pretty long or is this typical? The big trunk is a stock item, the amp heads they do. The snake case is custom. The invoice was paid on Nov 11, On Nov 26 they said "we are getting there" mid dec they said they wouldn't be ready for New Years. Last word I got was they should be ready by the Friday that just passed.

I was stoked because they were in the same province. They have an ad on our Craigslist style website. I think I'll be posting a "don't buy from XXXX because its a scam"

There's more cases I want but I'll be damned if I buy them from those clowns. If they aren't here by the 15th, I'm heading there (5 hours away) to pick up either my cases or a refund.

What the {censored}.

God damn I wish you shipped to Canada Audiopyle.

Amen to that.

StratGuy22, did you know that you can buy in the U.S., then have your products shipped to your own "U.S. address"? ( I'll bet THAT got your attention,,,eh?)

There's an outfit called Kinek, and they serve Canadian cross-border shoppers, by providing you with a U.S. shipping address. Kinek has warehouses at or near all the major U.S./Canada border crossings. They'll receive your shipment, and hold it for you until you come to pick it up. The fees are VERY LOW, as little as $5/month to hold it for you. This is a wonderful service, especially when dealing with companies that don't, or can't, ship goods to Canada.

When you're coming back across the border, Canada Custons & Revenue will grant you an exemption, if you've been gone for more than "X" hours, or days. They will convert your purchase to CDN dollars, and charge you GST and PST(if applicable) on that amount. (same as you would if buying locally)

• Members

Sounds like I had better luck with my custom made keyboard cases. On the other hand, a friend ordered a custom made 6 string violin stick and it was delivered 8 months late. Lovely craftsmanship. Doesn't look much like a violin, but boy does it sound sweet. Tuning on the bridge end and the pickups are piezo. He bought a 50 watt tube amp with 5.5" speakers. If you don't look at it, I doubt if you could tell the difference. I can't and I've heard him play a regular acoustic viola. (Very well I would add.) Custom orders are sometimes a crapshoot. Another friend commissioned a hammered dulcimer. Gorgeous workmanship and amazing tone. (Sound holes were cut in a maple leaf shape. Guess they can be just about any shape without affecting tone.) Don't know if that one was delivered on time.

• Members

The biggest problem with the kinex solution is that I'm almost 9 hours from the border which is around $600 in fuel for a round trip.

I do have a friend in Vegas and a friend in Texas who forward things to me. Like I said I was happy to find a relatively local solution.

But I definitely won't use them again, I have access to a table saw, and I could get a miter saw easy enough. I should just build my own.

• Members

Did you pay with plastic? Hopefully. I'm guessing you've already paid the bill, but I'd call them anyway and see what options you have for a reversal of the charges.

Do you have a Better Business Bureau up there? If so check them out for complaints.

• Members

I can't remember if I used plastic if just Paypal from my account. How much longer do I listen to this song and dance.

-------------

We're going as fast as we can and we are very for real I assure you I do sincerely apologize for the delay its been crazy buys for us and we had some machines go down on us and that put us behind a bit and we getting things back on track again I sincerely apologize for the delay I'll get back to you as quick as I can to give you an up date hang in there for us we want you to have your case as quick as we can get them to you.

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

I can't remember if I used plastic if just Paypal from my account. How much longer do I listen to this song and dance.

-------------

We're going as fast as we can and we are very for real I assure you I do sincerely apologize for the delay its been crazy buys for us and we had some machines go down on us and that put us behind a bit and we getting things back on track again I sincerely apologize for the delay I'll get back to you as quick as I can to give you an up date hang in there for us we want you to have your case as quick as we can get them to you.

I don't know, it sounds like either a scam or a very poorly run business that may end up being a scam due to the "company" using your funds to keep afloat and ultimately going under before they can deliver the goods. That would be kiting, and essentially a scam that may ultimately result in you getting your cases..... or not. Properly staffed and equipped they'd be able to turn out product in a reasonable time, otherwise they've already used up your money and not produced the products due to lack of something.

1 - You ordered 3 cases and they've not sent 1. 

2 - They've blown by multiple deadlines that THEY set

3 - It sounds like you paid in full up front

4 - They've not provided any proof that there is a case making shop, let alone pics of your cabinets being built

Do you know anyone near the town that you bought the cases from that could go by the address and see if the place is even there?

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

If you used PayPal, you are covered. Open a claim and PayPal will will put a freeze on the transaction until the complaint is resolved.

• Members

Found a buddy who is going to do a drive by today and take a pic if the building isn't theirs anymore. It's the address listed on their website, but my friend tells me street view is a couple years old. My payment was Nov 23, so I have a couple weeks to open a claim.

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

I wish you shipped to Canada Audiopyle.

(Assuming you made a typo... and you meant to spell pile with an "i") I'm working on that... today.

The main reason we've shyed away from shipping to Canada is "the paperwork"... that and effectively servicing customer complaint issues across international boarders can be challenging.

The paperwork thing (mostly customs and duty) might not sound like much, but we're a small company, and we do have limitations when it comes to manpower... or ladypower as the case may be when it comes to dealing with the paperwork "here".

Our UPS rep is meeting with us today, in-part to discuss UPS's somewhat "new" international shipping program.  If I understand the UPS international shipping program correctly, UPS has streamlined the customs and duty portion of international shipping where-in:  The UPS shipping quote includes the duty portion... UPS pays the customs fees which are built into the UPS shipping quote.  If indeed UPS is handling this aspect of international shipping, that could remove the straw that breaks the camel's back for us on shipping to Canada.

I should know more later today.

• CMS Author

Audiopile wrote:

StratGuy22 wrote:

(Assuming you made a typo... and you meant to spell pile with an "i") I'm working on that... today.

The main reason we've shyed away from shipping to Canada is "the paperwork"... that and effectively servicing customer complaint issues across international boarders can be challenging.

The paperwork thing (mostly customs and duty) might not sound like much, but we're a small company, and we do have limitations when it comes to manpower... or ladypower as the case may be when it comes to dealing with the paperwork "here".

Our UPS rep is meeting with us today, in-part to discuss UPS's somewhat "new" international shipping program.  If I understand the UPS international shipping program correctly, UPS has streamlined the customs and duty portion of international shipping where-in:  The UPS shipping quote includes the duty portion... UPS pays the customs fees which are built into the UPS shipping quote.  If indeed UPS is handling this aspect of international shipping, that could remove the straw that breaks the camel's back for us on shipping to Canada.

I should know more later today.

Mark, you probably already thought of this...but definitely test this with several shipments to different provinces before commiting to advertising it. I used to work for UPS in their IT and though it was years ago I vividly remember how badly they handled Canadian shipments. Hopefully this is truly resolved, as it was a big issue at the time.

• Members

Oh yeah. UPS and the other couriers are normally a monumental pain in th ass. Say I buy an item for $100, I pay the $20 shipping via UPS, then I get nailed with a minimum $35 brokerage fee, over and above any shipping already paid.

For whatever reason USPS does not have these fees.

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

The biggest problem with the kinex solution is that I'm almost 9 hours from the border which is around $600 in fuel for a round trip.

18 hours x 60 miles = 1080 miles

$600 / $3.50/gal  = 171.5 gallons

1080 / 171.5 = 6.3 MPG

My tractor/trailer w/ 53 foot trailer loaded at 40 tons got better than that - what the heck are you driving?

• Members

Yup. UPS was EXPENSIVE the few times I shipped internationaly. Possibly they are trying to become competative and offering a better price now. I used to ship to Ukraine a lot. After one time with UPS, I found a private shipper that offered a MUCH better deal.

• Members

1110 miles to the Coutts border crossing and back

That's 1,786.3718 km

I believe mileage is expenses at $0.42/km up here in Canada. That covers gas, wear and tear, insurance etc etc. so that's an expense of $750, not counting a night in a hotel, because I'm not driving over 18 hours in a row, just to pick up a package at the border.

I know it costs me approx $80 to drive to Edmonton, another $80 to drive to Calgary, then another $80 I'm guessing to the border. So that's $480 in gas alone. Throw in a $120 hotel room, 6 meals at $15/meal and that's a $690 out of pocket trip.

It's a no brainer in Ontario where most people live within an hour of the border. But a 2 day trip and a long 2 day trip just doesn't make sense.

And believe me, it sucks.

• Members

Audiopile wrote:

StratGuy22 wrote:

I

Mark,

Find out if U.P.S. will charge a separate brokerage fee, over-and-above the shipping fee, on shipments to Canada. This is the biggest impediment (and mystery) for Canadian cross-border shoppers.

It used to be that the courrier services, such as Fed-Ex and UPS, charged a separate "brokerage fee" to the Canadian recipient, over and above the actual shipping fees, for "doing the paper-work, clearing the shipment through customs".  The American vendor, didn't "see" that part of the transaction, but the Canadian recipient sure as hell did. This became a huge impediment for Canadian cross-border shoppers.

Years ago, there was an $85. minimum brokerage fee, so if you bought a $0,25 cent guitar pick in the U.S., you'd pay shipping PLUS the $85. brokerage fee that the courrier company charged the recipient.

Many Canadians now shop only from U.S. merchants who are willing to use the U.S. Postal service, because the brokerage fee is so low,,, typically a few dollars (if anything). The merchant/vendor does not pay that fee,,,, the fee is charged by Canada Post, to the recipient of the shipment in Canada.

The U.S. Postal Service, only handles the goods as far as the Canadian border. Canada Post then "receives" those goods at the border, and completes the Canadian portion of the delivery, They pre-pay all the duties (if any, it's zero on American goods) and they'll pre-pay the applicable Federal and Provincial sales tax. When the shipment arrives at it's destination, Canada Post then bills the recipient for those pre-paid taxes, duties, and possibly, a very small brokerage fee.  I've received many parcels from the U.S., for which there were zero charges,,, not even the tax. I presume Canada Customs & Revenue only scans a percentage of these shipments.

Archived