X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Audio

Howdy folks. Does such a quality product exist for wireless audio? 

Once a year I make a trip to (wefest.com) and we camp in an Ice Cabin (link below is not the actual unit but that is the size)

http://fishhouseforsale.com/8-x-16-wheelhouse-4/

I use zed 10 fx inside the cabin running off laptop and set it up next to the stove right inside the door. PA is a B52 Matrix 1000 and the sub I lock and cable to the axle and stack on 2 x 4's in case deep rain, then I set the 10" satellites outside as needed and lock them inside at night. The pa is fed by xlr cabling ran through a fish hole to the sub.

It is a hassle going into the camper to put in requests/switch tracks etc. I would like to run the laptop outside if at all possible for quick access and DJing and may be looking at running video this year. I could run a long unbalanced headphone line to the mixer, but that's more cabling, which I am trying to reduce. 

I found this: 

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/DISTRIBUTED-BY-MCM-MB1000-/80-7300

Question 1: Would there be a degradation in audio quality that would be substantial? I have found other products but they specifically state 30 feet line-of-site, which I do not see as a stable solution due to the mixer being inside the RV. Anyone know of any other products? Would be looking for something with preferrably a smaller USB dongle? 

Question 2: A little OT re power surges this is what I believe to be a standard I think (be nice to me here) 220 RV hook up which is what 30 amp? Everytime someone's AC turns on (many many RVs lined up) there is a potential for audio drop out which is faint however annoying, is there anyway to resolve this? Thought about bringing my furman, but I suspect that wouldn't cure the issue. 

Thanks everyone for input.

Much better solution would be a stereo wireless IEM system. I use an Audio Technica M-3 for situations like this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Apple AirPort Express, use airplay to send the tunes to the mixer. 1/8 out to the mixer. Run tunes off iTunes or an iPod with no cable. Cost $100

Comment

I use the express for my dl1608 then AirPlay to play break music from anywhere

Comment

I wouldn't imagine much more than 30 feet line of sight with this one either.  In any event non LOS you can probably cut that another 50% or more.

You're looking for a smaller dongle ... really?

Don Boomer

Comment

• nchangin
            nchangin commented
            Editing a comment

Smaller dongle if possible sure why not, less chance of damage, just an inquiry, thank you to everyone for posts will review the posts at home tonight,

Apple express... No dongle, use built in wifi.

Comment

https://www.apple.com/airportexpress/

Scroll down to then AirPlay part.

Comment

iTunes on the laptop, connected to a router.

Splashtop or any other VNC to control iTunes from your phone.
              NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

Working...
              X