Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much low end do you need from them?

Will they always be used with a sub/subs?

What kind of coverage will they need to do?

I know KS makes a robust powered box http://ksaudio.com/ks-audio/top-boxe...cpd10-c10.html

Why not keep everything in the same family?
    The wheel is an extension of the foot

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Unalaska
      View Post

Can the KS system be scaled down?

No... unfortunately not. The tops are passive... They are powered + processed by built-in amps in the subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dookietwo
      View Post

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/347947.html

An EV box with 133db output. Available in 90 degree box or 60. Just a little over 50lbs.

LOL... EV ZX's... These are pretty far from 'high-end'.... these aren't any better than a QSC KW.

Quote Originally Posted by BillESC
      View Post

KV2 makes a great product, but again, I'm worried about service time.
      ​Boston Common Band - Boston Wedding Bands
      Sound --- DB Tech DVA T4's + RCF TTS18a Subs | RCF TT08a + ART710 Monitors
      Rack --- A&H QU-16 | Sennheiser Wireless Systems | Furman P2400AR
      Lighting --- Chauvet Quad6 PARs | Chauvet + ADJ Lasers | QSpot360 Moving Heads

Comment

What about VUE?
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse
          View Post

What about VUE?

Are these guys new??

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by dennis a
            View Post

I recently saw an outdoor show (5k-7k people) that used a reasonably compact d&b AudioTechnik line-array rig (5 box j-hang per side), and the sound was superb. I'm not certain which model it was, but it was either the J-series, or the V series. Very compact.
            Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by oldschooler
              View Post

Then Meyer might be an issue for you. As far as I know, all repairs are done in house on the West Coast which means shipping time might be 2 weeks alone back and forth.

On the other-hand, I'd suspect the failure rate is likely pretty much zip when operated within the factory recommendations.

Maybe somewhat like a story I heard concerning Rolls-Royce motorcars, where-in the hood latch of new cars are tag-sealed by the dealer... reason being is that RR figures that whatever needs done under the bonnet during the full service included warranty peroid of the vehicle... the customer shouldn't have any reason to go mucking around with that stuff (under the hood).

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by dcastar
                View Post

Are these guys new??

New company with outstanding engineering pedigrees
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1Note
                  View Post

I haven't heard the Meyer UPA's, but I did hear very briefly the Meyer UP juniors, and I was completely smitten by the clarity and musicality of that box. Let me put this more succinctly, so there's no confusion;,,,, I was ****************in' blown away.

I haven't heard the juniors .... just the UPA's .... and .... I agree
                  With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by agedhorse
                    View Post

What about VUE?

I found a price list on line and most in the H line are in the $6000-$6500 range. I'm not even sure if the H line is powered. Down from there in the $2000 to $3000

Alot of money.

http://www.vueaudio.com/wp-content/u...ist-AUG008.pdf

Dookietwo

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Dookietwo
                      View Post

I found a price list on line and most in the H line are in the $6000-$6500 range. I'm not even sure if the H line is powered. Down from there in the $2000 to $3000

Alot of money.

http://www.vueaudio.com/wp-content/u...ist-AUG008.pdf

Dookietwo

Nice looking stuff but with EAW kf300's going used for under a grand...........................

A&H GL2800 console, BagEnd Crystals over D-18's, 12"and 15" BagEnd and EAW wedges powered and processed by QSC, Klark, BSS, Symetrix, Valley, Sabine, Peavey and BagEnd INFRA.

Comment

View Post

I'm also taking into consideration - "Serviceability". If something were to go wrong, I'd like to have a decent support network. Some of these super-small companies have awesome products, but I'd hate to have weeks of downtime if there was an issue. With that said, the RCF TT's are looking like pretty solid contenders.

You've summed up RCF service in the USA. If this is your concern, look elsewhere. To be fair though, 7 of my RCF boxes have been rock solid for several years now. Only my 522A's had issues and it was design flaw that was rectified. Unfortunately not until they knowing gave me used (read flawed) amps to replace mine. Ultimately I ended up with the proper amps and now even have a spare.
                        PA: JBL PRX712, PRX718XLF, RCF 745-A, 522-A, 310A, A&H Qu-16
                        Lights: AMDJ Dotz TPAR, Haze Generator, Chauvet GigBAR
                        www.nextexitrocks.com | wedding band | Columbus, OH | VIDEO

Comment

Yorkville also has a hi-end line called VTC I believe. I haven't heard them, but I presume that's part of their concert-level gear. If you're looking for bullet-proof reliability, and good customer service, this may be interesting for you.

http://www.vtcproaudio.com/
                          Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

The more I look over things.... the more I'm thinking I should find a nice pair of used Meyer UPA-1P's.

Comment

View Post

The more I look over things.... the more I'm thinking I should find a nice pair of used Meyer UPA-1P's.

If you don't want them .... it is Christmas you know I'll PM a shipping address and pay full shipping if you want to give them away

It might be a little tricky finding a pair used. Most who have them don't give them up that easily.

Perhaps someone like Andy has heard better sounding powered tops, but I sure haven't.

Let us know what you end up with and how they sound.
                              With Greater Knowledge Comes Greater Understanding

Comment

Hard to beat the UPA's except for the weight. I've owned several.

Comment

Working...
                                X