Broken SpeakOns Stink

• Members

I now remember why I liked those flat right angle 1/4 plugs over SpeakOns for monitors. One of mine was stepped on and broken while sticking out of the side of the monitor last weekend. Fortunately it didn't damage the jack. Most of my gigs have no stage so folks are always walking between the monitors frown.gif. Don't the rest of yous guys have this issue?

I blame all you all for shaming me into switching over wink.gif .

• Members

Coaster wrote:

i think a more obvious answer is stupid people who step on my {censored} suck

It was a super crowded "stageless" setup and the only way to get in and out was by walking between the monitors frown.gif. I can't really fault someone for it - I learned better than to use straight plugs on the monitors 30 years ago. Not their fault I got caught up in the cult of SpeakOn facepalm.gif.

• Members

The last acoustic act I saw had two large rubber made container bins with their guitar cases set on top on them right out in front of them. The cases were opened up allowing for tips. At first I was like, wtf? Then as I saw drunk women walking up to them during, and after songs I realized oh, they are using them as barricades for drunks who love to stumble up to you, spill beer and break {censored} and request {censored}ty songs! I'll be doing something similar at certain bars from now on.

• Members

^ In this case it was probably a performer not the audience - plus there was no room for a barrier. There wasn't really room for even the three monitors I put out and mine are tiny 10" coaxials freak.gif. I've heard that rope lights on the floor help too - been meaning to pick one up.

Archived