Rane's "Sonic Maximizer" Clone

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

VanHalen wrote:

My rigs sounds much better with a sonic optimizer than without one. Every other mix in town that I have heard sounds dry and lifeless..

I just soak my mics in steak maranade overnight before an important gig. No problems at all with them sounding dry and as an added bonus it adds "meat" to the mix biggrin.gif.

• Members

Wow they packed a lot in there, hard to choose the best chuckle. I did like the

..........Connectors   -   3-Pin Happy Face

Nice and light weight too at 117 lbs! Thanks for posting RR, I needed a lift today.

• Members

I think it's ironic that the people in my town who think they are so superior by not having a sonic optimizer are the ones with the dullest, driest, deadest sounding mixes that are not fit for a funeral. Coincidence? Whether you have one of these in your rig or not has nothing to do with whether you are a good sound person. "Hey look at me, I bashed a sonic optimizer, that means I am in the elite soundmen's club." Not.

Sorry to interrupt your stoning session... by all means, please continue. May he who has the worst mix throw the first stone.

Bwaahahahahaha!

• Members

If you can't get a good mix without cure-all gadgets that PRETEND to make you better, and you THINK the magic box is going to help, you should probably go back to the basics and learn the craft and skill required to do the job right.

Perhaps not learning how to play guitar and just using an IPad app and pretending is also up your alley... another way to avoid becoming skilled at your craft?

• Members

What did you expect to happen when you started a thread mocking gear that some people like? I did that once and the thread got deleted. I think this thread should be deleted because it does nothing but cause people to fight.

How about I make a thread mocking Fender Strats? How would that go over? Just sayin. Carry on, I am out of this mess.

• CMS Author

VanHalen wrote:

What did you expect to happen when you started a thread mocking gear that some people like? I did that once and the thread got deleted. I think this thread should be deleted because it does nothing but cause people to fight.

How about I make a thread mocking Fender Strats? How would that go over? Just sayin. Carry on, I am out of this mess.

What I expect is that adults can discuss topics where there's a difference of opinion without resorting to name-calling, insults, and name-calling/insults thinly veiled as sarcasm. The forum rules have always been about arguing the topic, not the person.

Archived