X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imitation Jam Hub - anyone try this?

Today my drummer sent me an email, he wants us to drop $700 on a Jam Hub so that we (3 piece classic rock band) might practice beyond the 9 PM noise curfew his wife has established.  As I look at this thing, I wonder if you just couldn't use a standard mixer (Mackie 1604 in my case)  and a single multi-output headphone amp, or better yet - 3 separate headphone amps so that each of us can get our own monitor mix.  (He's got eDrums, I've got a digitech floor modeler for guitar, bass would probably use a DI).

Anyone do something like this already with common household items, or does the JamHub bring something extra to the party that I'm not seeing?

Have a blessed day!

A new Quinnipiac survey found that voters rate Mr. Obama as the country’s worst president since World War II.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...resident-ever/

As long as your mixer has enough pre-fader auxes - sure. You can even use the headphone out for an additional stereo mix  . Who knows, you might like it enough that yous guys will go with IEMs on-stage and no amps  .

"We Have Met the Enemy and He is Us" - Walt Kelly​

Comment

• Brave Ulysses
      Brave Ulysses commented
      Editing a comment

RoadRanger wrote:

As long as your mixer has enough pre-fader auxes - sure. You can even use the headphone out for an additional stereo mix  . Who knows, you might like it enough that yous guys will go with IEMs on-stage and no amps  .

hadn't thought about it - but that could be a desirable unintended consequence.

Working...
X