How do I describe my setup:

• Members

Which way should I describe my system at, now that Yorkville has joined the peak power club in their rating system.

Yorkville U15 Program Power (Watts) 1000 Watts (2000 Watts Peak)

LS800p is rated at 1500W program power, the LS801p which was rated the same as the LS800p is now rated at Program Power (Watts) 1500 Watts (2500 Watts Peak)

So do I call it a 5000W system, or a 9000W system. Or both. A 5000W program system and a 9000W peak system.

• Members

Is this for your website?

I would be tempted to rate it at Yorkville's new program ratings but leave out the word program.  The reason being that anyone that doesn't know anything will be suitably impressed by the program ratings, and anyone that does know something won't be turned of by the omission of the word program (at least in Yorkville territory), or annoyed by the inclusion of peak ratings.  If I saw a system rated at peak, I might move on because I would be suspicious of the operator's character.

However if these ratings are for a phone conversation, then you might mention both ratings just in case the competing bidder has quoted peak.

Perhaps you'll have to let your conscience be your guide.

EDIT the more I think of it, perhaps do as Yorkville does. Use both ratings.  Anyone checking up on the veracity of your ratings will see the identical figures.  Can't be blamed for using the company's specs.

• Members

EDIT the more I think of it, perhaps do as Yorkville does. Use both ratings. Anyone checking up on the veracity of your ratings will see the identical figures. Can't be blamed for using the company's specs.

-----------------------------------

True. I have everything spec'd out according to the old program only ratings. I might do both and say "if we hit 9000W you'll know, because it will suddenly become very quiet.

;)

• Members

The reason being that anyone that doesn't know anything will be suitably impressed by the program ratings, and anyone that does know something won't be turned of by the omission of the word program (at least in Yorkville territory), or annoyed by the inclusion of peak ratings. If I saw a system rated at peak, I might move on because I would be suspicious of the operator's character.

However if these ratings are for a phone conversation, then you might mention both ratings just in case the competing bidder has quoted peak.

Perhaps you'll have to let your conscience be your guide.

------------------------

True. Maybe I could list it at 5000W program, and 9000W peak, aka "DJ Watts"

:D

Archived