Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

How do I describe my setup:

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I describe my setup:

Which way should I describe my system at, now that Yorkville has joined the peak power club in their rating system.

Yorkville U15 Program Power (Watts) 1000 Watts (2000 Watts Peak)

LS800p is rated at 1500W program power, the LS801p which was rated the same as the LS800p is now rated at Program Power (Watts) 1500 Watts (2500 Watts Peak)

So do I call it a 5000W system, or a 9000W system. Or both. A 5000W program system and a 9000W peak system.

NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Just refer to it as "kick-ass loud", and call it a day. Watts means squat..png" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />

Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

• nchangin
      nchangin commented
      Editing a comment

I would rate it @ 18,000 watts as WAVE MAX peak power flamethrower.

Is this for your website?

I would be tempted to rate it at Yorkville's new program ratings but leave out the word program.  The reason being that anyone that doesn't know anything will be suitably impressed by the program ratings, and anyone that does know something won't be turned of by the omission of the word program (at least in Yorkville territory), or annoyed by the inclusion of peak ratings.  If I saw a system rated at peak, I might move on because I would be suspicious of the operator's character.

However if these ratings are for a phone conversation, then you might mention both ratings just in case the competing bidder has quoted peak.

Perhaps you'll have to let your conscience be your guide.

EDIT the more I think of it, perhaps do as Yorkville does. Use both ratings.  Anyone checking up on the veracity of your ratings will see the identical figures.  Can't be blamed for using the company's specs.

Comment

EDIT the more I think of it, perhaps do as Yorkville does. Use both ratings. Anyone checking up on the veracity of your ratings will see the identical figures. Can't be blamed for using the company's specs.
      -----------------------------------

True. I have everything spec'd out according to the old program only ratings. I might do both and say "if we hit 9000W you'll know, because it will suddenly become very quiet.

NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

The reason being that anyone that doesn't know anything will be suitably impressed by the program ratings, and anyone that does know something won't be turned of by the omission of the word program (at least in Yorkville territory), or annoyed by the inclusion of peak ratings. If I saw a system rated at peak, I might move on because I would be suspicious of the operator's character.
        However if these ratings are for a phone conversation, then you might mention both ratings just in case the competing bidder has quoted peak.
        Perhaps you'll have to let your conscience be your guide.
        ------------------------

True. Maybe I could list it at 5000W program, and 9000W peak, aka "DJ Watts"

NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• Bobby1Note
          Bobby1Note commented
          Editing a comment

IMO, the only numbers that really matter, are efficiency, SPL, and THD. (total harmonic distortion). Somewhere in there, you'll find useable SPL.

Maybe I'll list it as:

Lets just say It will kick everyone's ass in the room in alphabetical order, so if you book me, I'm going to need some names.

NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

2ohms?

4ohms?

8ohms?

16ohms?

Peak/2 =Program

Peak/4=RMS

Program/2=RMS

I find terribly annoying when looking for a freaking RMS rating of an amplifier or box.

The marketing people are morons.

Be honest, and be accurate.

There seems to be less of that in this day and age.

Comment

What is relevant is usable "acoustic watts"
            Don Boomer

Comment

• Tomm Williams
              Tomm Williams commented
              Editing a comment

Perhaps the best way to describe your system is the coverage capability indoor and outdoor. That info would be of more use to a promoter than wattage ratings. 

I have a 5000W system.

If you need a 6500W system, I can plug in a 1500W blow drier.

NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• Bobby1Note
              Bobby1Note commented
              Editing a comment

5000 Whats? .png" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />

NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

Working...
            X