X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 - 1250 W Amp Recommendations

Hi All,

I am looking for an amp that is in the 1000-1250 RMS @ 8 ohms range and would like some input. I am not a huge fan of frills on power amps so DSP is not really a deciding factor in me going with one over another; as long as it has HPF and soft power on/off I am a happy camper.

Some I am considering right now include:

2 x Crown XTI 1002 (bridged)

Crown XTI 6002

Yorkville 6040

QSC RMX 5050

2 x QSC RMX 1850 (bridged)

I know a lot of people are really strong supporters of QSC, I am open to other suggestions as well. Not in a huge hurry to get something as I can use my back-up CPX 3800, it's a little light at 775 @ 8 but will work until I get a dedicated amp for the new tops I bought. This amp(s) will be driving a set of Peavey SP6BX (per side) at +100-125Hz only, link to the data sheet is below.

http://assets.peavey.com/download.cfm?file=/literature/specs/118101_14286.pdf&name=SP_6BX.pdf

As always, appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Rob

PS: also curious if anyone has put one of the new Ashly amps to the test yet?

EDIT: forgot to mention it is a set per side - might have been clearer if I said 1000-1200 @ 4 ohms x 4

Did I mention the new forum sucks?

What specifically are you driving?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

• Unalaska
      Unalaska commented
      Editing a comment
      1kw amps are more and more common these days while 1kw @ 8 is still not. Do you have subs?mwhatbare you powering those with? That's where I'd start.

• Rob_H
      Rob_H commented
      Editing a comment

agedhorse wrote:

What specifically are you driving?

2 SP6BX per side with subs, will be using 1 - 118SPBX per side to start and add as needed. I posted the SP6 part in the original post but re-reading what I wrote I made a very simple story confusing....the data sheet is posted in the first post as well...

Simplified story...1000-1250 per cab @ 4 ohms is the target range, ok going a little higher (but not much) as again, I don't drive the crap out of my gear

I've provided several of the Ashly KLR series amps to folks looking for a basic model with excellent value. So far they are holding up well and no complaints. The KLR3200 would be about the power rating you are asking for.

http://www.ashly.com/products/standard-amplifiers.php

Feel fre to email or message me if you have questions about these.

Mike Pyle ~ Audiopyle Sound
    www.audiopyle.com
    Dealer for EV, Yorkville, Turbosound, A&H, QSC, FBT, RCF, Powersoft, R-H, Audix, Ashly, Danley, APB, Shure, K&M, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, Rane, SLS Audio, Denon, Radial Eng, Roadready, Global Truss, Ultimate, Elation, Chauvet, ColorKey, Bizzard, Yamaha, and much more...

Comment

Working...
    X