Another versus choice...QSC KW vs. dB DVX

• Members

I've been talking to the dealer that I've been talking about the QSC KW system with.  He's been talking to me about the dB DVX series of speakers, namely 4 D15's and 4 SUB 18D's that would outperform the KW's for a little more.  Can anyone comment?  The differences that I can tell between them are the KW's are three-way versus two-way and are cheaper, but the DVX's are cheaper, have a larger HF driver (2.5" coil with 1.4" exit vs. 1.75" driver on the KW), and the D15's have a 60x40* spread (versus 75x75 for the KW) which should allow better combining with multiple speakers...I know dB Technlogies is a sister company to RCF, and their speakers are supposed to be excellent.  Thanks guys.  (Sorry I keep posting topic after topic, just want to make sure I'm making the right choice)

• Members

While I can't speak about the DVX tops,  I've got something very similar in their DVA T4  "mini" line array tops.    2 per side over RCF TT single 18 subs.   

FWIW,  They're definitely better than the QSC HPR153's I had when I first started my band.

Archived