Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Live monitoring with Behringer 802

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live monitoring with Behringer 802

I'm considering using a Behringer 802 as my personal monitor live. Band is not using in-ears but I would be plugging in Shure buds and a click (drummer). Assuming this is doable. Any suggestions?

Why not use in ear buds with a wireless belt pack and tap off the main sound system mix?

If you have enough sends on the mix you can have your own monitor mix

Example.

Band uses Aux 3 for monitors 

You use Aux 4 for your in ear monitor setup  and your own mix.

Aux 1 and 2 are used for effects.

This is an example scenero laid out for you.

I dont know your setup.

You might have multiple monitor sends I do not know this.

The idea you put forward dosnt make much sense.

Comment

• samkokajko
      samkokajko commented
      Editing a comment

I see a lot of guys doing it though. Especially drummers with click. I work with several bands where the drummer has a little mixer (usually an 802 or similar) that takes a send from me for his monitors, then the trax and the click track and gives him individual control. That's the only place the click goes for that band.

I also remember several years ago seeing a band's setup where they did the same thing but at every musician's position. It was a church band so being hardwired wasn't a problem and it was essentially just a headphone amp with a level control they can reach.

Note that there is NO LIMITING so use caution and it is typically ill-advised for that reason. Other than that I do see it in use a lot. 

Working...
X