X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live monitoring with Behringer 802

I'm considering using a Behringer 802 as my personal monitor live. Band is not using in-ears but I would be plugging in Shure buds and a click (drummer). Assuming this is doable. Any suggestions?

Why not use in ear buds with a wireless belt pack and tap off the main sound system mix?

If you have enough sends on the mix you can have your own monitor mix

Example.

Band uses Aux 3 for monitors 

You use Aux 4 for your in ear monitor setup  and your own mix.

Aux 1 and 2 are used for effects.

This is an example scenero laid out for you.

I dont know your setup.

You might have multiple monitor sends I do not know this.

The idea you put forward dosnt make much sense.

Comment

• samkokajko
      samkokajko commented
      Editing a comment

I see a lot of guys doing it though. Especially drummers with click. I work with several bands where the drummer has a little mixer (usually an 802 or similar) that takes a send from me for his monitors, then the trax and the click track and gives him individual control. That's the only place the click goes for that band.

I also remember several years ago seeing a band's setup where they did the same thing but at every musician's position. It was a church band so being hardwired wasn't a problem and it was essentially just a headphone amp with a level control they can reach.

Note that there is NO LIMITING so use caution and it is typically ill-advised for that reason. Other than that I do see it in use a lot. 

Working...
X