DBX Driverack PA+ data wheel stopped working.

• Members

I was just outside doing some AutoEQ measurments, finished the autoeq pass, stored it, and now my jog wheel is not working. It works if I push on the knob, but back and forth controls don't work. I have power cycled it a couple of times, did a soft and hard reset and even updated the firmware on the unit, but still no side to side acknowledgement from the data wheel. Its like something disconnected.

• Members

Hmm. I've seen them get eratic and ALMOST not work. This usualy signifies that they are dirty. Encoders such as you have work on the same principal as an old ball mouse. They have an IR LED and a phototransistor that shines through a wheel with holes in it. If the light path gets blocked, they malfunction. If it's easy acess, you might get some compressed air and try and blow any blockage out. If you get no response at all however, it's more likely a failed encoder. This is a part that can be replaced but if you're not a bench tech, it's probably a job for a service shop. If it's still under warrantee, don't even open it up to blow it out, just send it back.

Archived