OT: This morning in Boston

• Members

I don't know how things are in the media in the rest of the country, but here in Massachusetts it is truly incredible. The whole city of Boston and all surrounding towns are in lock down right now. All public transportation is discontinued. We are hearing a play by play of the SWAT team sweep of a neighborhood as they keep repeating the plea for everyone to reman indoors with the doors locked.

I have never heard anything like what I am hearing and seeing right now. The show of force is like nothing I have ever even heard of before.

• CMS Author

Mutha Goose wrote:

I don't know how things are in the media in the rest of the country, but here in Massachusetts it is truly incredible. The whole city of Boston and all surrounding towns are in lock down right now. All public transportation is discontinued. We are hearing a play by play of the SWAT team sweep of a neighborhood as they keep repeating the plea for everyone to reman indoors with the doors locked.

I have never heard anything like what I am hearing and seeing right now. The show of force is like nothing I have ever even heard of before.

Shows you what the gov't can do when it really wants to. Hopefully no more loss of life. I doubt it'll happen but I wouldn't mind the remaining suspect being taken alive. Send him to Guantanamo for some R&R.

• Members

Some of the response that you are seeing is probably for the benefit of find tuning and training under pressure. It's a good way to evaluate the system as a shop and identify weak links.

I do not care for the media encouraging profiling that way of course.

• Members

I'm fine with the lockdown, and (this is pure speculation) I doubt that it'll extend into tomorrow. A reason to shut down everything is that with the way the roads here are laid out, it's very hard to set up a perimeter that doesn't have a bunch of holes in it. Also, public transportation here is pretty good, so if he'd managed to get to a subway station, he could've gone as much as 10-15 miles out of the city within a half hour.

-Dan.

Archived