New A&H mixer coming!

• Members

No channel inserts, but with the onboard FX, I don't think that's important for the market they're aiming for at this price point. 

One thing I noticed on the A&H site's bullet list for features is "DAW MIDI Control." ???

That's not something I'm looking for personally, since I like to keep my PA and home studio gear separate. But if that means it supports HUI protocol with all those motorized faders at this price point, then that could be a hit with the home studio crowd. 

I still think it's mainly aimed at being a "digital MixWiz" for live sound, but if it actually works as a DAW MIDI Control with motorized faders, that's a market currently served only by lower-end stuff with few faders, or the very high-end controllers. 

• Members

Reson8tor wrote:

No channel inserts, but with the onboard FX, I don't think that's important for the market they're aiming for at this price point. 

One thing I noticed on the A&H site's bullet list for features is "
DAW MIDI Control." ???

That's not something I'm looking for personally, since I like to keep my PA and home studio gear separate. But if that means it supports HUI protocol with all those motorized faders at this price point, then that could be a hit with the home studio crowd. 

I still think it's mainly aimed at being a "digital MixWiz" for live sound, but if it actually works as a DAW MIDI Control with motorized faders, that's a market currently served only by lower-end stuff with few faders, or the very high-end controllers. 

Granted no inserts for live applications for all in one mixer is not important. However, their marketing this as live/studio mixer like all the other digital mixers but lot folks don't have the luxury as you do for 2 separate systems and will use for both live and home studio application and lot DAW programs now let you insert

outboard into the box and not possible with this mixer ????  and their gonna be missing out on sales from the PC crowd being they have you chained to Apple ????

Archived