Mic stand parts

• Members

I use a lot of round base mic stands, the cheap on stage ones. You know, on sale $20 at the local store. I tend to have at any given time 8-12 of them and because the metal poles are cheap they break at the base over time. That means I have a TON of bases, more than anyone needs, well 7 or 8 anyway. Is there anywhere I can buy the stand w/o the base?

• Members

Maybe see if you can finegal a metal pole from the hardware store to fit the base and your mic holder. You are obviously putting these things though some abuse if they keep breaking. Might as well look into a more heavy duty solution.

• Members

Pro Sound Guy wrote:

You can cut the rod off and purchase a die and re-thread them yourself

Should be fairly easy to do.

could be... but there might not be enough beef there to stand the cutting.  I suspect the threads were rolled on, and if threads were actually cut on the remaining "pipe"... the result might be paper thin.

• Members

Unalaska wrote:

I use a lot of round base mic stands, the cheap on stage ones. You know, on sale $20 at the local store. I tend to have at any given time 8-12 of them and because the metal poles are cheap they break at the base over time. That means I have a TON of bases, more than anyone needs, well 7 or 8 anyway. Is there anywhere I can buy the stand w/o the base?

K&M sells parts,,,,might those fit your bases?

Archived