MixWiz3 meter and Signal indicator LED colors

• Members

Was running the MixWiz3 at the gig the other night, and everything's normal. Turned on the iPod at break, and noticed that the Signal indicators for the channels the iPod was connected to were yellow, not green. Then I notice that the meter segments up to 0 dB (the ones that are normally green) were also yellow.

We mix from the stage, and at first I though maybe the stage lights were just making them look yellow, but no, they were really yellow. Not quite as yellow as the ones on the meter from 0 dB up to +8 dB or whatever it is, but still yellow.

After awhile, they went back to being green. When we started up playing again, they changed back and forth from green to yellow a couple more times.

I looked in the manual and found nothing about this. Anyone experience this or have any ideas?

• Members

Recently found out that different color LEDs ran off of different voltages. Yellow and green are right next to each other and the voltages are very close. I'm thinking that the circuit that powers the VU meters is either a bit flakey on voltage. I'd pretty much ignore them until something more important fails.

Archived