Player...

• Members

To be on the S.A. Part of the world has some adavntages, and disadvantages as well; over here on most any gig that you provide sounds, stage, lights, and video you'll encounter some awkard and rare stuff while the event its starting and in progress; over here we have a lot of singers who always come at the last moment to do rare request like the ones that i would mention: the worst that i had is a request to connect via usb a hard disk drive that one of the singers of that particular event had with it, he saw that i had my laptop(wich handles only the lighting stuff) near my pa and asked for it to install over here wich of course i said No, and i explained to him why the laptop was over there and the use that it was taking for; so after that soon he comes back and request some usb port to plug his thumbdrive on wich he had his songs that he would sing; other "singers" come with their cell phones so via headphone i have to connect over the mixers and so on; some of them comes with dvd disc, and others with a normal cd; the awkard was a guy who came and request if i have an sd card player, cause he just had their music right into an sd card; so i was looking for a proper media player over my market and i havent found anything of the above in one single player; so i bought a lg portable dvd player that comes with usb port, sd, mmc reader, it reads dvd disc, cd disc, and mp3 players and its doing its job well; but i would like to change it over a more pro player regarding that portable looks that it has; has anyone over come across of somehting that can read all of the above on a1 or 2 space rack mount? Any hints on it? Thabks

• Members

The portable dvd its working fine regarding the handle of usb, thumbdrives, an sd cards, but i want a more professional look, like some cd player that could be rackmountable and would accept besides the mp3, wav, a usb drive, and some sd card like the oprtable dvd one; djs over here use laptops, but i dont want to do that, so i'm looking for a device that have this kind of things, besides reading cds

• Members

I bought a Teac CD200i a while ago, suggest looking at some others in this line. Mine has everything you are looking for except for the card reader but they do make a model with it; or you could get an external reader that interfaces with your iPod and transfer it to the there first. I picked up the Teac for $219 on eBay, the ones with the SD option weren't that much more but I had no use for one.

I would stay away from Gemini, everything I have seen from them is crap.

Archived