X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player...

To be on the S.A. Part of the world has some adavntages, and disadvantages as well; over here on most any gig that you provide sounds, stage, lights, and video you'll encounter some awkard and rare stuff while the event its starting and in progress; over here we have a lot of singers who always come at the last moment to do rare request like the ones that i would mention: the worst that i had is a request to connect via usb a hard disk drive that one of the singers of that particular event had with it, he saw that i had my laptop(wich handles only the lighting stuff) near my pa and asked for it to install over here wich of course i said No, and i explained to him why the laptop was over there and the use that it was taking for; so after that soon he comes back and request some usb port to plug his thumbdrive on wich he had his songs that he would sing; other "singers" come with their cell phones so via headphone i have to connect over the mixers and so on; some of them comes with dvd disc, and others with a normal cd; the awkard was a guy who came and request if i have an sd card player, cause he just had their music right into an sd card; so i was looking for a proper media player over my market and i havent found anything of the above in one single player; so i bought a lg portable dvd player that comes with usb port, sd, mmc reader, it reads dvd disc, cd disc, and mp3 players and its doing its job well; but i would like to change it over a more pro player regarding that portable looks that it has; has anyone over come across of somehting that can read all of the above on a1 or 2 space rack mount? Any hints on it? Thabks

Often, unreasonable last minute requests are better handled with a single work that is the same in both Spanish and English... NO

Comment

• toober
      toober commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe ask a few djs what they use.

The portable dvd its working fine regarding the handle of usb, thumbdrives, an sd cards, but i want a more professional look, like some cd player that could be rackmountable and would accept besides the mp3, wav, a usb drive, and some sd card like the oprtable dvd one; djs over here use laptops, but i dont want to do that, so i'm looking for a device that have this kind of things, besides reading cds

Comment

• nchangin
      nchangin commented
      Editing a comment

Invest in a $2000.00 DJ mixer with all those interfaces. Done.

I can't think of anything in a rack mount configuration for $100... but you an find used laptops on line for about that much that should be able to handle most of what you need.

<div class="signaturecontainer">Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. -Will Rogers<br><br><a href="http://facebook.com/SpitShineRocks" target="_blank">http://facebook.com/SpitShineRocks</a></div>

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0045EP4X0/ref=mw_dp_mpd?pd=1

Comment

Look for something like that. Search "rack CD player" on eBay maybe

Comment

Thanks for all the comments, I'll stick for a while with the portable DVD player, but I'll be look for a device that could handle that, thanks again

Comment

Altought I found some models that have what I look, check them out: www.am pro.eu. they have a lot to them, also one from Gemini that does it too and its rackmountable

Comment

• Rob_H
              Rob_H commented
              Editing a comment

I bought a Teac CD200i a while ago, suggest looking at some others in this line. Mine has everything you are looking for except for the card reader but they do make a model with it; or you could get an external reader that interfaces with your iPod and transfer it to the there first. I picked up the Teac for $219 on eBay, the ones with the SD option weren't that much more but I had no use for one.

I would stay away from Gemini, everything I have seen from them is crap.

Thanks for the tip Rob_H, I'll check the teac website to see what they are offering

Comment

• agedhorse
              agedhorse commented
              Editing a comment

Note that Teac just got purchased by Gibson for I think $52 million, I expect to see the good products discontinued and some look-alike products emerge. They also own either all of or a major stake in Onkyo.

I have an onkyo amp over my house, it sounds good,

Comment

Working...
            X