Bose L1 Pa system help

• Members

Hello,

Has anyone ever tried to use these in a line across there stage? I work with a medium size church that has four spread about 20 feet apart across there stage and it's a huge nightmare for EQ. The mics squeal all the time and the whole system seems to have a ton of highs and no lower end.

Please advise if you have used these as a PA before. Thank you.

• Members

Come on now, that's no way to welcome a new member of the forum!

Tbest81, welcome.  I have used the Bose system many times with a band I work with and as long as you don't expect huge amounts of volume from them they do a good job.  Sounds like you are lining up your speakers at the rear of the stage with the performers standing in front of them, right?  That will result in feedback issues.  Try the speakers on each side of the stage aimed at the audience with the performers behind the speakers.  If you are concerned about the performers hearing what's going on, you could use two of the seakers as monitors - one on each side of the stage aimed in at the act. In other words, two speakers for the audience, two for the performers.  Bottom line is, if you have mics in front of speakers, you are probably going to have feed back problems if you try to get any volume out front.

• Members

tbest81 wrote:

Hello,

Has anyone ever tried to use these in a line across there stage? I work with a medium size church that has four spread about 20 feet apart across there stage and it's a huge nightmare for EQ. The mics squeal all the time and the whole system seems to have a ton of highs and no lower end.

Please advise if you have used these as a PA before. Thank you.

If the speakers are spread twenty feet across their stage, wouldn't that make the stage eighty feet wide? Not a very auspicious start to yet another Bose thread....

• Members

Assuming the question has been accurately described, an eighty foot wide stage would make this church huge.

I sometimes play  the Jazz Vespers slot at a church that is quite large http://staw.ca/rental/. They normally use their house system but once we used a Bose system. It did not work. By the time we got it loud enough to project even a little, there was a fair bit of mic feedback. BTW it wasn't my idea to use the system.

OT, I've been using a house Bose system consisting of two towers and two subs a side for a solo jazz guitar gig in a hotel lounge. Works just fine. However I was just told of a recent event where a ten piece R&B band used the same system configuration in a large hall - apparently with disastrous results. Why people want to use a hammer to dig a ditch and a shovel to saw wood is beyond me.

The answer to the OP's question, might not be the answer he wants to hear...

Archived