Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub advice

I am wanting to put an audio system in my garage for music and need some help. I have good quality audio components but my system lacks the visceral punch I enjoy when I go to a club or at an event with a good setup. I have looked at some passive Peavey 18 inch subs and Behringer units. Any advice on an 18 inch powered or passive sub would be appreciated. I usually prefer dual subs for a more balanced sound but don't know if I would need duals. My budget is around 1500-2000. Thanks for any help.

Find a pair of used Yorkville LS800p's

PA Unity15's over LS800p's. YX15's, YX12's IPR power, RM32AI

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

Comment

The Ebay subs are local pickup only.

Why buy used with that amount of money for a garage?

I say go with new with a waranty.

You have not mentioned what the rest of your system consists of?

What kind of tops are you using?

This might give everyone a better idea for a sub match for you.

Comment

• Bigotis
      Bigotis commented
      Editing a comment
      Currently I have a Denon 7.2 receiver, an Emotiva amp, Martin Logan speakers, Niles 12 inch sub, and a Mirage 12 inch sub. I like the idea of passive subs because I've gone through plate amps on some powered units and its more trouble to fix these as they need specific replacements.

I've used my LS800p's for 10 years. For bands, countless gigs, the odd outside gig. NEVER had a single issue. Still use them every time.

They will kick your ass. But you will love it!!

PA Unity15's over LS800p's. YX15's, YX12's IPR power, RM32AI

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

Comment

Working...
    X