What happened to the Berhringer thread?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was wondering about this too.  There was a lot of good info on that thread.  I don't know if I missed any of the last posts and those posts somehow warranted deleting the entire thread but even if that was the case, why not just delete those offending posts instead of deleting the whole thread?

• Members

Hey, this is actually the new "Behringer Toughts 2" thread; keep it on, Do you guys know if Uli would hang around over here too? Costa, would you mind telling us more info regarding the new line of powered speakers that would launch? Comparing them to the known other brands, how will be it?

• Members

I agree with you sb; who are the admin that delete the thread? As i said before, if they delete these thread, the behringer toughts 3 would appear and so on... Just stick with this one over here

• Members

JV90 wrote:

Hey, this is actually the new "Behringer Toughts 2" thread; keep it on, Do you guys know if Uli would hang around over here too? Costa, would you mind telling us more info regarding the new line of powered speakers that would launch? Comparing them to the known other brands, how will be it?

IMO, any manufacturer comparing their product to another brand on tise forum would be inappropriate, that's purely a marketing opportunity that would probably be best promoted on their own forum.

Those of us who are regular members here have offered some real world unbiased (or not biased towards our own product) opinions on a wide variety of equipment. Generally audio related but I learned an awful lot about auto body fillers a while back, very useful to me.

• Members

I want to know what The War Room looks like. Do you have a staff member for each forum or does one person cover a few? Obviously 24 hour shifts because god only knows what time it is in Russia or wherever the hell you all are, or are there people on each continent?

• Members

Dear jv90,

The new iQ series combines user-configurable DSP with 2500 watts of power into each cabinet. But I think one of the most interesting features to readers of this forum is the networked audio aspect of the product. I would love to hear some feedback from users, especially those who work for rental or staging companies and are constantly setting up and tearing down systems.

Those who are up on their audio networking will know that CobraNet has given way to other protocols in recent years and the current state of the art (in certain circles) is Dante. Problem is that these network technologies a still better suited to larger-scale touring systems or fixed install. This is for a variety of reasons, key among them set-up complexity, requirement for proprietary hardware and of course cost

We wondered if the time had come for wide-spread acceptance of digital audio networking at the performing musician and rental company level. The kind of gigs that constitute the "bread and butter" of pro audio where you get an hour to set up and even less to strike and go home. Since we were already using our UltraNet protocol on the X32 to drive the P16 monitoring system we decided to drop that technology onto the iQ series.

The principle of operation is that you can set up the mains on stage, a bunch of wedges, side fills, etc, and then connect them all to the house console with one Cat5e cable. Because the speakers have in and out connectors you CN literally daisy-chain up to 64 speakers together. At the speaker end you can select which of 16 channels you want to pick off while at the console end you assign outputs to the appropriate UltraNet channel.

Even better is that this same network also supports the P16 personal monitor mixers at the same time. So, while you can assign FOH L and R to two channel, you still have 14 channels for personal monitor mixes. Of course you could just build monitor mixes at the FOH position and simply route them to wedges or side-fills, drum monitors, etc.

I would love to hear opinions on this kind of technology on stage. Do you guys think the business is ready for this?

Thanks,

Costa

• Members

I haved heard the 900 series, they sound pretty good, hope this iq ones would sound as good or better, from what costa has told they are very interesting, they are nice for the looks, hope they keep the price down too

• Members

Check out the new behringer iq that looks like the qsc k series. I see they dropped the mackie look. But at 2,500,000,000,000,000 watts it really blows the competition out of the water!

I kid, I kid... Hey, whatever works. Ill keep my mouth shut on this topic now. :p

• Members

When I was a young man I lived in a place, and I walked into the kitchen once and turned on the lights

and the cockaroaches were everywhere and scattered and hid from the light!

True story!

It kinda freaked everyone living there out!

It freaked me out cause I had no idea how such a nice place could all of a sudden have cockroaches

infiltrait a nice home we lived at like that.

The owners of the home called an exterminator and with a few treatments the cockroaches left for good.

Archived