Splitting Mic Signal

• Members

Never used Y split for a wireless but used to Y rack toms which worked perfect.

But not sure if your using it for vocals or not ? but having 1 gain for 2 different vocals might  be a challenge since 1 vocal may wail like opera singer and the other vocal has very soft weak voice,

• Members

twostone wrote:

Never used Y split for a wireless but used to Y rack toms which worked perfect.

But not sure if your using it for vocals or not ? but having 1 gain for 2 different vocals might  be a challenge since 1 vocal may wail like opera singer and the other vocal has very soft weak voice,

You misunderstood me, one microphone only, going into 2 separate channels in the board.

Rod

• Members

agedhorse wrote:

Whenever doing parallel processing, inadvertent polarity inversions, phase response anomalies, and delays or latencies can have unexpected negative effects. You really need to be aware of these things.

Thanks! Anything I can do about it? Will these events happen even if I use one signal input at a time or only if I try to use both together?

Rod

• Members

agedhorse wrote:

Whenever doing parallel processing, inadvertent polarity inversions, phase response anomalies, and delays or latencies can have unexpected negative effects. You really need to be aware of these things.

Yes ... in the traditional sense.  Howeveer you may be looking for "tonal enhancement" in which case whatever sounds good to you, sounds good to you.

But do remember 1+1 only equals 2 when every part of it is in perfect phase.

Archived