Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lighting Outdoors On A "Mostly Cloudy," Overcast Day?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting Outdoors On A "Mostly Cloudy," Overcast Day?

Hey everyone, I was going to post this in the lighting forum, but that seems pretty dead, so I decided to post it here, My band has an outdoor gig today in Amityville from 3:30 until about 7:30ish. So it is all daylight. But it looks like it is going to be mostly cloudy. I am going to start loading the gear in the next little while, and was thinking maybe if it is that overcast, that LED lighting might be a decent enough idea. But, being new to lights, I am not sure if LED lights would make any sense in daylight even on an overcast day. Is this even worth my time, or should I just forget the lights?

Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about lights. They'll really make no difference and it's one less thing to pack up after you're done. Also, clouds could mean rain, so it's also a few less things to scramble to get under cover.

www.nextexitrocks.com

Comment

• ChiroVette
      ChiroVette commented
      Editing a comment

Good point, Abzurd!

Also, one less thing to set up before the show. Yeah I am going to leave the lights home.

The higher the ambient light level, the more light power you need to make an effect. Justl like overcoming high background noise levels with sound.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

• RoadRanger
      RoadRanger commented
      Editing a comment

You can place them behind the band on a truss facing the audience, that's about the only way they will be visible.

Working...
X