The "Real" behringer Thread

• Members

I really dont know what happened with some of you guys over the old Behringer Toughts thread and the latest one called what happened with the behringer thread; i really dont know,

But i think its time to move on and reroute us to the important things that a thread over a forum is what is about: information and more, of course we can make jokes, but with order an respect; in my case i really want to learn more about the brand that i like, and the old thread had a lot and useful info regarding them,

So, i'm opening a new one to start over and let the discuss, fight and so on erase it if its possible ; sorry Craigv if this is it out of order and a few things more, but i really would like to get info regarding the behringer people that its hanging around with us, and let them known our ideas, criteria and more

So lets begin a new one, starting over and continue from a good manners,

• Members

First off, why do we need a "Behringer" thread?

I mean, I am a huge JBL fanboy and have been for decades. But am I (and others like me) clamoring for a JBL thread? Seriously, you know what the problem as I see it is? Regardless of Behringer's supporters and their detractors, the company has a crap reputation in the world of pro audio. So the only people who are "defending" the company are fanboys and company reps. This is not the way to generate any kind of a discussion even if one were necessary or warranted.

Like others have said, Behringer has their own forum. Not that we can't or shouldn't talk about their gear here. This is a Pro Audio forum and Behringer makes gear. But in my honest opinion, you simply CANNOT have an intelligent or meaningful discussion about Behringer without really addressing the serious and glaring reasons why people "in the know" have a problem with them.

On the one hand, you have Uli and some of his employess coming into the forum to post as "Behringer Apologists" trying to gloss over all of the major faults and flaws and the well earned poor reputation the company has with some decent points but a lot of platitudes and what (at least to me) often reads like propaganda and not forthright dialog.

Not to mention the fact that THE ONLY time anyone from Behringer ever posts in this forum it is to defend, support, or in some subtle way to advertise their products. While I don't object to this, per se, I do see it as a certain loss of credibility when the ONLY thing that someone ever posts will invariably serve their company.

I am glad Uli and others are willing to answer questions. But I am also suspicious of anyone who only posts about what they are trying to sell in a forum like this.

• CMS Author

JV90 wrote:

I really dont know what happened with some of you guys over the old Behringer Toughts thread and the latest one called what happened with the behringer thread; i really dont know,

But i think its time to move on and reroute us to the important things that a thread over a forum is what is about: information and more, of course we can make jokes, but with order an respect; in my case i really want to learn more about the brand that i like, and the old thread had a lot and useful info regarding them,

So, i'm opening a new one to start over and let the discuss, fight and so on erase it if its possible ; sorry Craigv if this is it out of order and a few things more, but i really would like to get info regarding the behringer people that its hanging around with us, and let them known our ideas, criteria and more

So lets begin a new one, starting over and continue from a good manners,

The "what happened" thread is STILL ON PAGE 1. You really don't know what happened to it? There were 151 views of the last post, where I locked the thread and stated:

This thread is done.

Let me be clear; DO NOT start another thread with the intention of continuing the arguments and bickering. If I see anything that remotely resembles a continuation, I will ban anyone who participates in such a thread. If a discussion is not ON TOPIC about Live Sound and Production topics, and this includes comments and complaints about Harmony Central, my moderation, the Admins, harrassment, bullying, cyber-anything, I will remove the thread and ban all accounts involved. Take it up with site Administration to get your account reinstated, as I will not entertain it.

I don't think I could possibly me any more clear that I didn't want that thrad continued. I still don't.

tlbonehead asked the only question in this thread. Joe Sanborn answered it. And then proceeded to spin Chirovette's statement into a "request", which it was clearly not, in order TO START THIS "DISCUSSION" AGAIN. Uli has already eloquently addressed the company's position, vision, and problems. If everyone didn't screw up and put that thread in purgatory it would be available. But again, there's a Behringer forum on their own website, and I frankly think if you really need to constantly talk about one company, you should go there to do so.

As always, NEW issues, comments, and questions are always welcome to be discussed civily here. But the issues of the company have been addressed BY THE CEO!!! You aren't going to get different or better answers from employees, and you don't seem to want to listen to any differing opinions. Therefore I think this thread is done.

Archived