No announcement yet.

Making the move to powered FOH , Suggestions please

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the move to powered FOH , Suggestions please

OK , Taking the plunge , selling all the amps , passive speakers ,racks the Xover . Going with the Mackie dl1608 so getting rid of all the Eq's and outboard gear . What I would like help with is choosing a powered FOH ( subs and tops ) Not tring to break the bank looking for best bang for the $ please , Single 18" for subs can be a 12" or 15" and a horn for tops . Looking to be a med size club system for like 100-175 people , playing mostly classic rock and new country . I do like a good tight thump for kick drum . Size not that important, sub can be larger size if needed , Dont need to go new , i can hunt around for used , just need recomendations on which ones to look for  , What do you use ? What would you suggest ? Thank you all in advance for your help

D  

Unity15p's over LS800p's

But I'm a Yorkville fanboy.
    PA Unity15's over LS800p's. YX15's, YX12's IPR power, RM32AI

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

Comment

Take a look and listen to the Yamaha DSR series, 12" tops and 18" subs, would be very good for your application.   Come with 7 year warranty - loud , clear, and reliable DSP.  I love 'em.  You can get the tops for $650  and the subs for $800.  For indoors I would start with 1 sub and see how it goes.  The DXR system is less expensive and also very good, but most would recoomend the DSR series.

Comment

• monthlymixcd
        monthlymixcd commented
        Editing a comment

djrnno - Where are you located? Total budget for tops/subs is what? Monitors needed? 

Think about the buy once cry once mentality.

I bought my Unity15's over LS800p's just over 10 years ago. I've never felt the need to upgrade beyond that. Bar bands, small outdoor things, etc

Ten years I've been using them. And they still perform gig after gig. Every time I hear that kick drum it puts a smile on my face.

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

Comment

Comment

• djrnno
          djrnno commented
          Editing a comment

Prob gonna go with either the Yorkie ls800p or the JBL prx 618s xlf for subs , I am gonna scour around and try and go used for the tops cause there are more powered tops floating around used , What are your reccomendations for tops to go with either of those subs please ?

Thanks 

Working...
      X