a 3 track recording with a Zoom

• Members

I bought 6 of them, have sold 4 off. Two left . I do use them for monitors and they are fine . probably just fine for most casual band or PA stuff. ...not up for abuse, things have broken on them, they have shut off in the heat many times. I know there is an update that EV won't actually admit fixes the overheating issues. granted, mine were in the first batch. Would much rather have RCF or Yamaha, or KW

• Members

the Zooom H4n recorder:    http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h4n/

it's a handy little 4 track recorder with two onboard mics and two more tracks to plug lines or mics in. I primarily use it for TV production VO stuff and nat-sound archiving. On this video I set up two cheap video cameras, one was unfortunately on the stage which vibrated. Mic'd the guitar with Senn e609, ran the bass into the board too, a little peavey 4 channel. I used the effects buss to mix them together.  The bass and guitar went on the same track, guessed at the balance. 

Mixed the audio , adding EQ, compression, edited on Final cut pro, turned out pretty well for a low-tech quickie. 

Archived