finding crest audio crossover modules

• Members

crest brilliantly followed in a few other manufacturers footsteps and made crossover can things that could plug into the back of a few series of amps, la, pro 01, etc. i have a few of these, and it would be lovely to build up a small collection of these units for making simple racks and such that do not require dsp, of which i only have one unit now. anyone got some? or know where to obtain them? will be scouring ebay, but here seems like a nice place to start

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by spottyaudio View Post
crest brilliantly followed in a few other manufacturers footsteps and made crossover can things that could plug into the back of a few series of amps, la, pro 01, etc. i have a few of these, and it would be lovely to build up a small collection of these units for making simple racks and such that do not require dsp, of which i only have one unit now. anyone got some? or know where to obtain them? will be scouring ebay, but here seems like a nice place to start
You aren't going to find many as they were not very common before they were discontinued. I had to look up in my Crest service manuals to even remember them. They were much different than QSC's because of the way they were implimented and they are not compatible. If I remember correctly, the crossovers in the Crest products required a can for each channel, one for low pass and another for high pass. QSC only required one can. Power rounting internally is also different.

I have 3 of the QSC 24dB/octave cans with paperwork sitting on the shelf looking for a home if anybody has some legacy QSC amps they would like to upgrade.

• Members

yeah, i kind of figured they would be hard to get hold of after very little info was found via google. i think it will be cheaper in the long run to get a couple of peavey crossovers, dbx 223, bss, etc, than to hunt down these octal socket modules and be limited to what they can provide

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by spottyaudio

View Post

yeah, i kind of figured they would be hard to get hold of after very little info was found via google. i think it will be cheaper in the long run to get a couple of peavey crossovers, dbx 223, bss, etc, than to hunt down these octal socket modules and be limited to what they can provide

Agreed

• 4 months later...
  • Members

I have (2) LX22011 crossovers for octal sockets on Crest Amplifiers. They were on the amplifiers when I bought them.  I'm trying to figure out how to get the amps to work without them. I'm assuming that I have to jumper the pins on the octal socket where the crossover was. I'm just not sure which pins to jumper.  Does anybody know about these?

Oh, if you want my LX22011 crossovers, I'll sell them cheap. They are 2.2 k crossovers, tuned for the Peavey Versarray 112 speakers.

Archived