Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 JBL SR4719x's - what's my best bet for amplification?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 JBL SR4719x's - what's my best bet for amplification?

I'm currently running them off two mackie M4000's but want to upgrade(are the mackies good enough? they put out 1300w per chan at 4 ohms).  I'm looking at buying a QSC RMX 5050 to run all 4 at 2 ohm's per channel but the power consumption would probably be through the roof.

I'll take all the suggestions i can get!

Thanks, 

-Paul

Geez dude, that's plenty unless you want pyro instead of subs LOL. Oh, and those 5050's aren't really rated for 2 ohm sub duty - the same basic amp derated as the 4050HD is and isn't any more power than you have now. If you need more low end you need more or better subs not more power.

"We Have Met the Enemy and He is Us" - Walt Kelly​

Comment

• ZEW
      ZEW commented
      Editing a comment

You know... I didn't sign on here to get smart ass responses from poeple.  I asked a valid question and you have nothing to offer but bull****************.  Rather than talk **************** about what i have currently, or where I want to go, explain your vast knowledge and help me with some recommendations.  

I'm looking for an answer to if I have the properly powered right now and if I don't, what should I buy.

Lots of good power amps out there. I'd choose something that gives you about 600-700RMS/driver.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="mailto:tlbonehead@yahoo.com">tlbonehead@yaho o.com</a><br />
    <a href="http://www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy" target="_blank">www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy</a><br />
    -For Sale: <br />
    -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US<br />
    -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.<br />
    - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping<br />
    - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds &amp; looks good. $250 + shipping. <b>SOLD</b><br />
    - Crate Palomino V8 - 10&quot; Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)</div>

Comment

• RoadRanger
      RoadRanger commented
      Editing a comment

tlbonehead wrote:

Lots of good power amps out there. I'd choose something that gives you about 600-700RMS/driver.

You mean like the amps he already has?

Shipping now........... but not yet available from Peavey's own site? 

http://www.peavey.com/products/index.cfm/item/703/116952/IPR2%26trade%3B%26nbsp%3B7500

Weird.

Comment

• ZEW
      ZEW commented
      Editing a comment
      According to him its the IPR line, not the IPR2. I'm would assume that they are shipping to their retailers first, since they've been waiting so long. Hence the "backorder" statement from him.

Working...
X