First large show with the QSC KW's

• Members

Getting ready to do a five-piece country/rock band (one I've worked with) on the new system.  2 QSC KW153's over 4 KW181's, 4 EV ELX112P's for foldback plus 1 ELX115P and 1 ELX118P for drum monitor.  Audix drum mics, Audix RAD360 wireless units, SM57's on instruments, new Radial Pro48's on acoustic and bass, in-house lighting, should be a fun show! (If the crowd shows...lol)

I'm not sure why but HC does NOT like panorama photos...so try this..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/283687_10152847605765512_782315756_n.jpg

Night Moves

• Members

The show itself?  It was great.  The crowd?  Not so much lol, if you saw from my other topic, there was a festival in town (supposedly) that killed the crowd.  Next time, there WILL be contracts, for me AND for the band.  It's a shame, it's an awesome venue, clean floors, nice in-house lighting, very nice bar, but nobody was there, except for maybe 20 people.  As for the system, I had no problems at all.  (I did have a bit of temporary right hearing loss but I think that was from ringing the monitors out and my right ear was right at it.  I'll live lol)

• Members

Good to see you getting the rig out more and making some good contacts! I'm basically house sound for a few places. They like what I do, and know what to expect. They don't have the first idea on what to get for a system of their own, let alone someone to run it. All they know is that they like what I do, so it works out for everyone.

I've snagged a few higher dollar gigs as well, so things are going well. I was going to ask what board you were using but I can see its a 24.4.2 which is also my weapon of choice.

;)

The iPhone5 has come a long way. I know the older iPhones would distort at concerts, loud gigs etc, the i5 works much better!

• Members

It's starting to pay itself off slowly.  I'll at least have one or two of the speakers paid off by the end of next month, if not more.  Lot of people seem satisfied with it, and those that were at the riverfront said it's the best sound they've ever heard.  I'm impressed with the clarity outdoors..still need a little low end for most shows, but it will get me by for the size shows I'm doing.  I have a small show this weekend, with a three-band bike night show the following weekend.  I'm really hoping the city will call me for their concert series.

• Members

Nice!! It's awesome to hear great compliments!! I'm like you, I have the right amount of gear for what I'm doing. I have a 2 day Canada Day gig coming up. It's my second year providing for it. I have to rent a house drum kit, and I'll rent another pair of Unity15's to have on hand as spares. If something goes down, it would take less than 10 mins to throw up another pair and be back at it. Extra power amps, extra monitor. Etc.

Looking forward to it. I know what my system can and can't do, so again, it's a really good fit for my niche. Now if I could get this light rig out more.

;)

• Members

Yep, haha. Shoop's is a nice little place.  Ran with Mojo Bones there once, but I think the bar is more pop-oriented, with the occasional underground shows like the one I did.  Great little place though.  The first club is Night Moves up in Maysville KY, great little venue but it's about 2 hours away from Huntington.  I'm not sure how a typical crowd is there, supposedly they pack the place regularly.  Would be nice to have something like that down here to rival the V-Club though

Archived