Stage Monitor Options?

• Members

Hello people!

Been down this road a few times but I'm still weighing my options on monitor speakers.

One limiting factor is my transportation which is not going to change so here's what I'm looking at.

I need to load 4 monitors across a space of 48". I have a bunch of PV12M's loaded with Ultratouch insulation that do the job but take up too much room and are not stackable.

We do not have a loud stage volume so I don't need ear popping levels.

Here are some of my considerations:

EV ZXA1           10.39" deep

ZX1-90             10.35" deep

Carvin PM10    10.75" deep

Ramsdell  10cx  small enough but a lot more $ than the rest.

Bose 802 Series  13H X 20.5W X 12.5 D....Yes larger but stackable. Two wide X two high in 41" and can be purchased used, locally, for about $400/pair and handle 230wrms.

Any comments on these? Other suggestions?

If the cabs aren't too big then stacking works. I've got 28-30" of inside height once I pass the side door or back lid to stack equipment which explains the interest in the Bose. I know...I know....some hate Bose but I want monitors and I don't need a loud stage volume.

Come to think of it. Anyone know of powered spks for FOH that are plastic(love the lack of weight) and stackable on their sides?

Thanks

• Members

Unalaska wrote:

How about only 2 and share mixes?

No kidding!  If you need four monitor mixes across a 48" foot print, you need IEMs not wedges.  If it's not seperate mixes then you don't need four wedges in that space.  It's going to create more problems than it solves.

Archived