Biggest setup to date. 3 rigs

• Members

Skatepark competition. 5 bands. I had to rent an extra pair of subs and tops but other than that I had everything covered.

At the skatepark under a tent I had a pair of YX15's a small mackie mixer and an IPR1600 to run them. Wireless mic as well.

The main gig was at the old firehall, which is now the local Arts Guild. Full setup and the debut of my new light truss.

Had 3 setups going.

1 at the skatepark for the competition.

SOS and a wireless mic

Another one in the old firehall, full meal deal, PA, lights StudioLive 24.4.2 mixed via iPad.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z398/robare99/2BEE3DF3-A1F0-4B18-A9F0-6CDA3A49AA45-2809-000001A63D48A914.jpg

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z398/robare99/FA94A6AE-5F97-417B-83B2-4AC1A222D6A3-2809-000001A644345079.jpg

Third one at a bar. One light per top, StudioLive 16.0.2 and mixed via iPad again.

Busy night, great bands!!

Not a big turnout at the daytime gig. Fun though :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W63JgsNTlXg[l

It all went off without a hitch, lots of compliments so it was a good night!

• Members

It's from the local theater company that's part of the guild. They put up the stage and the pipe & drape. I had the stage set up 3' from the wall, with the pipe & drape against the wall. I wanted some space between the drape & the light truss.

The space was handy for moving gear on and off the stage so it worked out well. Unfortunately the turnout just wasn't real great and the band portion of the event won't return next year. All ages shows have been tough the last few years, and this was no exception.

They will still do the skatepark event, and ill provide for that. Less money, but less work as well. I could see if the gig was packed, but it really wasn't.

Still, nice to take the full rig out for a run.

;)

Also got a call today from the Music Festival. They were the ones I had turned down last year when we couldn't come up with a mutual agreement for the open mic at the end. This year they were able to budget for it, so ill get a decent amount of money and a weekend pass. The shame is, I'll be DJ'ing a wedding on the Saturday. But that's ok, I'll have a good time at both!

• Members

Cool. I thought it looked nicer than the usual rock'n'roll background. (No disrespect intended; theater folks tend to invest more in soft goods than audio guys.) Not that we don't care about the visuals, but it's (usually) more of an afterthought. Lampies, on the other hand, [insert joke here]. ;-) Mark C.

• Members

Here is a video taken back at the mix (50ft) with a cheap camera and a mic that is overloading 

This is after it rained all day, and I had no lights because the show was over before dark.

My system is EAW MH660 tops and some EAW BV subs and DB Keele Wbins loaded with RCF 18's

Soundcraft Delta 200 SR 24 channel analog 

Besides the mic overloading a little it did sound big and clean and I had a ton of head room.

Amps were not anywhere near peak.  This is just a local band.   

• Members

Here is another tune the bass player put up.  Keep in mind the camera mic is overloading.

What I do want to stress here is that the most powerful amp used in this setup is 550watts per channel

into an 8 ohm load RMS.

With the right cabinets and and not alot of power you can get a very big sound.  

If this system is in a club it can splat you against the back wall with low end and sound big and huge.

I have more of the same cabs but I felt this was plenty for this venue.   There was supposed to be

300 bikers to show up but it rained all day until these videos were cut.

Archived