• Members

What makes a long day for guys in the sound biz?

Yesterday, I did sound for what was supposed to be a big bike rally/poker run/fund raiser.

What makes a long day is rain pissing down on you all day with low turn out, tarps, and a mile of

wet cables, and a promoter that insists that after the rain stops the band needs to play longer in

order to get paid full amount, and dew settling in off the river at night on all your gear during pack. :D

Thankful there was a full stage covering all of the montiors mics/racks etc.

My fathers day will be stretching all my cables out and pulling everything out of the trailer to let

everything air out with the grill going and some cold ones!  

Days like that make me ask why I do this sometimes .

Happy Fathers day to all you Fathers!

• Members

I'm cleaning up gear (6 systems) from last week's event and prepping for 7 systems going out in 2 weeks. The cost folks pay includes this time too, they just don't see it.

With rain and wet, we shut down and pack up because of the safety thing. Most of the bands we work with have provisions in their riders for inclimet weather, and not performning. My insurance company pretty much sets these rules if I want to maintain coverage.

Yes, happy father's day too. Nice cards from the wife and kids, all the horses chipped in on a Starbucks card for me, I guess I brought them all up rightwink.gif

• Members

RoadRanger wrote:

Pro Sound Guy wrote:

My fathers day will be stretching all my cables out

I wish I could stretch all my cords about 5 feet LOL.

You mean you don't keep a cable stretcher in your toolbox?

Archived