Active cabs for outdoor gig ?

• Members

Gotta mixing gig that's at a joint with outdoor stage built on top of white concrete slab and need some kind of canopy for shading since it's outside and don't wanna have thermalling issues.

Which I'll be using 1 NX750P sitting on top off 2 vertical stacked EV ELX118Ps  which will be ground stack in front of the stage and will be in direct sunlight and will use throw rugs to block the heat ripples bouncing off the concrete slab just need come up with some kind of canopy to shade the speaker stacks.

I own these http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_286651_-1?kwid=ps_pla&mkid=PLA|017957879|E%2dZ%20UP%20Sierra%20II%2010%27%20x%2010%27%20Angled%20Leg%20Pop%20Up%20Canopy but not practical because it would be right in the seating area.

My NX750P has 2 fly hole screws and trying to come up with some canopy ideal and don't wanna gaft tape cardboard for the gettho look, so any and all suggestions and ideas greatly appreciated.

• Members

djiceman1575 wrote:

I'd just take a small tarp and drape it over them.  Get a black one, if you can find one, and it won't look too tacky.  I know, the ELX118P's don't like direct outdoor sunlight, lol.

Wouldn't that cause to trap the heat  if I draped a tarp over the heat fins which we be facing west and at 6pm the sun still pretty toasty here in AR/OK  border line.

• Members

You could try the inexpensive survival blankets, silver foil backed material that can be reveresed for reflective properties. I use them on the outside of my pop-up camper tent beds to keep the camper cooler.   they work well and they are cheap.

Btw:   Just did an outdoor sound gig, all day 8;30 am to 8:30 pm in direct sun, no shade anywhere with my yamaha DSRs, not one issue.  Me on the other hand got severely sun burnt.  last minute decided not to bring canopy.  Stupid me. No hat.  Band member saw I was getting burned and gave me a cowbiy hat.   fI was very thankful for that hat.

It was a little hard to see some of the lights on my yamaha console, clipboard was used as a shade.

Big lessons learned from that day, never again without the canopy AND A HAT!

• Members

Pro Sound Guy wrote:

Sound and bands love these Honeywell fans.  They move some CFM and they are like 15.00

I would figure out a way to implement a couple of these

Honeywell.jpg

These really do work well and what a few of my bandmates use. Note though that sometimes fans can introduce noise (buzz) into the system.

Archived