Yamaha or QSC amp on Subs

• Members

Hi folks, curious as to what you would do. And again I know I've been tweaking my setup and would like to give a big THANK YOU for everyone's suggestions in the past!

Current setup:

Yamaha cp2000 connected to pair mrx518's on each channel running @ 2 ohms, 500 WPC.

QSC 2450 connected to one mrx515 per channel @ 8 ohms per channel. FTC 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.1% THD 650 WPC. ***pretty sure using 50 hz filter on each channel in stereo on QSC currently ***

Mixer ----> EQ: Behringer stereo 15 channel -----> xover: DBX 223 ----> to amps. (EQ is flat across only use it for tweaking out feedback)

I am happy with the setup seems to work pretty well but for some reason it seems I have to crank the yamaha on the subs to keep up with the QSC running the tops, assuming something with the gains on on the QSC? (inputs and outputs are 12:00 on the xover) I was thinking maybe it would be better to run the QSC on the subs for a little better performance? I have heard others say sometimes the 2450's will thermal on 2 ohm loads which is my only concern.

IF I was to switch QSC to the subs @ 2 ohm load, is the filter even needed since you have the xover? If so the 30 hz or 50 hz? Also since it's subs, stereo is not necessary so I could parallel the input to both channels, and if I did this would I want to use the LF sum on the crossover or leave it off? I know I can just "do it" and let my ears make the decision but looking for factual information and experience from the pros like yall!

Application: DJ only no live stuff at this time.

Archived