concrete shop floor thread

• Members

I tried the search function to find and update my previous thread concerning suggestions for rehibilitating a "compromised" concrete shop floor... couldn't find the thread.

Anyhoo:  I'm happy to announce that I may be making progress on dealing with the perceived problem... and I'd like to pass-on what and how here as "I didn't know" (before)... and other gentle readers here might be interested.

What I'm doing to rehibilitate the ratty shop floor is top coating it with a polymer system... the results of which look and otherwise seem "fairly promising".  It's been some work, and some money, but it certainly seems to be beating the alternative of jack-hammering up the old shop floor and replacing with a new slab... and the poly re-do is arguably turning out better than a new floor likely would have.

I'll offer additional personal observations if anyone's interested.

• Members

RoadRanger wrote:

Audiopile wrote:

I tried the search function to find and update my previous thread concerning suggestions for rehibilitating a "compromised" concrete shop floor... couldn't find the thread.

This one? 
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=21

biggrin.gif

Well... no... but you bring up a good point... it might have been in some other forum.

The problems I'm dealing with is a spalling surface in places and "looks like it was finished with a rake" in other places.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived