• Members

The fixed repair price was $40 for years (usually you just end up with a new mic :-). It may have gone up since that service so rarely gets used. Before sending it off though, carefully unscrew the ball and make sure that the foam hasn't deteriorated possibly even fallen onto the diaphragm.

Just a thought

• Members

mkfs9 wrote:

Why do people always come up with that awnser.have owned the mic for years and it used to be Ok. I realise there are fakes out there though thanx

Sorry I missed the post where you said you had owned the mic for years.

• Members

mkfs9 wrote:

Hi have a shure sm58 that works but not properly, it used to but now seems dull and lacking any presence, any ideas as to the problem.than in advance.

contact service at Shure UK and see what they say. That would be my first call.

• Members

Funny you mention this. At home just a minute ago I took the top of and had a look inside. Plugged in in and it seemed Ok even when compared with another so will see how it goes fingers crossed thanx for your help.

• Members

mkfs9 wrote:

Funny you mention this. At home just a minute ago I took the top of and had a look inside. Plugged in in and it seemed Ok even when compared with another so will see how it goes fingers crossed thanx for your help.

What that tells you is that there is possibly some other inconsistency (gremlin) hiding in your system (faulty channel strip?). Or it could possibly have been a simple oversight like EQ or some insert.

Just something to think about. Glad your mic's OK though.

Archived