You've gotta be kidding

• Members

RoadRanger wrote:

I run the Chrome browser with the AdBlock extension so don't see any of that BS. Dunno how any of yous guys can put up with it otherwise 
freak.gif

+1 Whenever I use another computer to check in on here (or anywhere else for that matter) I invariably think "what is all this crap?"

• Members

RoadRanger wrote:

I run the Chrome browser with the AdBlock extension so don't see any of that BS. Dunno how any of yous guys can put up with it otherwise 
freak.gif

Not that I mind banner ads... I understand there's generally gotta be a revenue stream to keep the machinery greased and gassed.  To me the banner ads are educational... to see who's promoting what.  I find it dismaying that there might not be enough on topic advertisers available as a possible indicator of the state of our industry.  Or maybe it's just that all that other stuff is such a going concern that those advertisers are seeking out opportunity wherever it may exist... regardless of how slim the chances are of hitting a target market in some venues.  Or maybe I'm just hypersensitive about demographics & market ascertainment... investing advertising bucks where they're most likely to pay off.

• Members

RoadRanger wrote:

freak.gif

Ad blockers are available for most browsers. Got one on my safari and Firefox. (So I don't really see what is being talked about.)

Archived