X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small gig on the 4th.

Provided the gear for a local up and coming band.  EV's ZLX-15P's for FOH and KV2's EX-10's for monitors

.JJ at ICYCC.jpg

Attached Files
    Thanks,
    Bill Cronheim
    Enterainment Systems Corporation
    Back stage since 1973

Perfect

Comment

Nice! Brings up one point though - that stoopid long boom on the SL vocal mic. I have quite a few of those "fixed" booms and was thinking of cutting them down to 18 inches of extension maybe . Obviously I need a couple long ones for overheads and one for the drummer's mic but is there any good reason to leave the rest long? I hate the way they look on stage with the arse end sticking way out like that  - plus I do a lot of super small "stages" where they up take too much space.

"We Have Met the Enemy and He is Us" - Walt Kelly​

Comment

I use the shorter booms as well. Less chance of someone bumping into the long boom and jamming the mic into someone's grill.
      NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• RoadRanger
        RoadRanger commented
        Editing a comment

StratGuy22 wrote:
        I use the shorter booms as well. Less chance of someone bumping into the long boom and jamming the mic into someone's grill.

Exactly - I do a fair number of micro-stages . What I have been doing it leaving the mic stand itself totally "down" and using the length of the boom to go mostly "up".

First nice clean setup. Bet it sounded great as well. What did you use on the upright bass?

I've tried these on a few gigs. Very solid locking "teeth" so they don't slip. Down size it you have to loosen them up quite a bit to adjust. Only other drawback is you can't spin the shaft the mic is on for fine adjustments using them on say drums. But overall I like them for small and solid.

http://www.amazon.com/Stage-MSA9503-13-Inch-Posi-Lok-Mini-Boom/dp/B0002E550E#productDescription

Picture of them in use.

2 Stage setup 02 side view PA.JPG2 Stage setup 02 side view PA.JPG

Attached Files

Comment

• RoadRanger
        RoadRanger commented
        Editing a comment

^ I do have a couple of those. They come in three lengths I think. They do have "lock nuts" so you can fix the rotation of the mic clip. I'd get more except I have all these cheap booms already LOL .

Working...
    X