Small gig on the 4th.

• Members

Nice! Brings up one point though - that stoopid long boom on the SL vocal mic. I have quite a few of those "fixed" booms and was thinking of cutting them down to 18 inches of extension maybe . Obviously I need a couple long ones for overheads and one for the drummer's mic but is there any good reason to leave the rest long? I hate the way they look on stage with the arse end sticking way out like that freak.gif - plus I do a lot of super small "stages" where they up take too much space.

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

I use the shorter booms as well. Less chance of someone bumping into the long boom and jamming the mic into someone's grill.

Exactly - I do a fair number of micro-stages freak.gif. What I have been doing it leaving the mic stand itself totally "down" and using the length of the boom to go mostly "up".

• Members

First nice clean setup. Bet it sounded great as well. What did you use on the upright bass?

I've tried these on a few gigs. Very solid locking "teeth" so they don't slip. Down size it you have to loosen them up quite a bit to adjust. Only other drawback is you can't spin the shaft the mic is on for fine adjustments using them on say drums. But overall I like them for small and solid.

http://www.amazon.com/Stage-MSA9503-13-Inch-Posi-Lok-Mini-Boom/dp/B0002E550E#productDescription

Picture of them in use.

2 Stage setup 02 side view PA.JPG2 Stage setup 02 side view PA.JPG

Archived