Presentation........how much does it really matter?

• Members

Just walked out of a wedding reception near Sacramento. While sitting there, I took the time to watch the DJ and check out his rig. Speakers were some old CV that appeared to have a 12" and a 15". Worst part was they looked like hell, really beat

Where he chose to set up his rig was also odd. He was just off the side of the platform where the ceremony took place. The bridesmaid could literally touch him and he had plenty of room to be more discrete

Add to this he was poorly dressed (for business) and had plates of food at his work area and (to me) it painted a very poor picture.

However, I don't think anyone but me even noticed or cared. It was a wedding, people are drunk and looking for

"happy endings" nobody gives a damn about these things. Makes me wonder about the effect on business of a professional presentation. This doesn't change my mind, I"ll still bring first rate, well maintained gear and dress accordingly but clearly not everyone cares

One final note on the event, after a bit of a wrestling match between two drunk women over the witeless mic for a toast..........really glad I use the AT702's. Tonight that DJ will be replacing a mic.

• Members

Presentation is good yes.

Not telling a whiney muscian that needs you to tend to them to $%^& off when your real busy is part of presentation whilst you keep a smiling face, and say I will be with in you in a moment sir.

Sometimes it is hard to keep a happy smiley face under stress after hours in the heat or rain

:D

Accurate results is as important or more important then pretty looking stuff in live sound.

What effects musicians first hand?  Monitors.

Quick way to get on the poop wagon is the  "not enough me" in the monitor syndrome.

• Members

Pro Sound Guy wrote:

Presentation is good yes.

Not telling a whiney muscian that needs you to tend to them to $%^& off when your real busy is part of presentation whilst you keep a smiling face, and say I will be with in you in a moment sir.

Sometimes it is hard to keep a happy smiley face under stress after hours in the heat or rain

Accurate results is as important or more important then pretty looking stuff in live sound.

What effects musicians first hand?  Monitors.

Quick way to get on the poop wagon is the  "not enough me" in the monitor syndrome.

yes sir, I agree. Providing clear, quality sound, on time, with no hassles, no feedback, at the right volume for the event would be above presentatiion. One needs to be transparent , visually and as a audio provider both. 

• Members

I used to see smaller regional sound providers show up to gigs with gleaming road cases and immediately think either they're a brand new company, or they don't work a whole lot. I was used to seeing cases beat to hell and back while on tour.

------------------------------------------------

That's why I like to pay extra for "relic'd cases

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z398/robare99/53C5723A-E655-4B28-A333-72BDE77CEFB2-3020-000002471961F43C.jpg

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

I used to see smaller regional sound providers show up to gigs with gleaming road cases and immediately think either they're a brand new company, or they don't work a whole lot. I was used to seeing cases beat to hell and back while on tour.

------------------------------------------------

That's why I like to pay extra for "relic'd cases

biggrin.gifExcellent !

• 2 weeks later...

Archived