Trucker's Jamboree Gig... Color Me Impressed.

• Members

I had a chance to mix on a nice system Saturday. Our time-slot at this particular festival was small potatoes, crowd-wise... but the provider Rexroat Sound out of nearby Colona, IL brought a sweet sounding line array system of their own design for the festival all weekend and I got to mix on a nice Soundcraft MH2 (monitor board was a GB8)... both of which were very familiar since our band recently stepped up to a GB4-32.

Rexroat builds all of their own boxes and although the look of them is very utilitarian (which I like) it sounded really good requiring very little processing and the band got lots of compliments and will most likely be moved up to a better slot next year. Rexroat Sound has been getting lots of work around here lately since another provider "retired" and I've heard their systems at River Roots Live, Gumbo Ya Ya, etc. and  Eric and Tom from Rexroat (the A1 and A2, respectively) were very professional which made our walk-on gig w/ 12-piece band a snap... even with 8 monitor mixes. I was a little too busy to take pics, but there are some pics of the bands up already online and although only one gives you a glimpse of the stage right stack you can find specs of the boxes here and here.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way... just impressed by their work. What a fun time...

Archived