Best Speakers with Xti 4000?

• Members

Hi Guys, can someone please give me some advice. I need to purchase some new main speakers. What's the best speakers to run with a Crown Xti 4000?

I bought a pair of JRX-125's, but they're not great, so I am sending them back. 

I am looking for whatever is most powerful and sounds "as concert like as possible". Hopefully something with dual 15's. Size/weight doesn't matter as they will be fixed.

I don't want to spend a ton, maybe somewhere between 1-3k for a pair.

I already have 2 - 18" sub cabs.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks guys!

• Members

You blew them up so you are sending them back expecting a refund? I hope not facepalm.gif

Why don't you search or browse this forum to see what might be suitable based on the hundreds of discussions that wh have had over the years about similar situations. Perhaps knowing what you are expecting to accomplish with your sound system might improve your odds of getting good info?

• Members

Does anyone have any feedback on the Peavy QW 4F? I am disgusted with the sound of the JRX-125, I want to make sure I am making the right choice.

I have 2-18" subs and I keep reading mixed things on running dual 15"s, with 18" subs. But I am a little confused over it. Would I be better off running a 4 - 12" cabs instead of 2-dual 15" cabs? If so, any reccomendations? 

• Members

I don't think you want to hear this but here goes........keep renting. From what you describe, i don't think I would bother dumping that much money into a system so rarely used. How much per event are you paying to rent? Don't forget, when stuff blows up, it is their responsibility to fix it not yours

• Members

Thanks for the advice. It's not a bad idea to check out active speakers. At this point though, I just want to be done/move on. And we're spending about 2k to rent equiptment, so I'd rather just buy/expense it and be done. 

Is it okay to run the Peavy QW4F's with an Xti 6000?

• Members

The simple answer to your question is buy a speaker that is rated at a continuous load to the output of your amp. That however may not be the BEST answer thus the questions.

You are paying $2000 per gig or year? What kind of system and service are you receiving? As a business man, if you look at the whole package, you might be getting services that are well beyond the system you're trying to assemble. Are you also taking into account cabling, tripods, mic, mixer, etc...... Who will run the system? Do they know how? Without proper knowledge, you can continue to toast speakers no matter how much they cost.

Archived