New Live Sound Setup - Will This Work?

• Members

Okay, please don't be pissed. This will be my last post pertaining to all this! Thank you for everyone's help so far. For what it's worth, I feel like a total toolbox having to ask so many stupid questions. I made a terrible mistake last time with my purchase frying some speakers, so I want to make sure I am purchasing the right stuff!

I am trying to setup a rig for a band to play for 200-300 people at a company event. Can someone please approve this setup before I place my orders?

After researching and changing my mind a million times, I am going to get 2 - Peavey QW4F's and 2 - Peavey SP218BX Subs.

From the mixer, it would go through a Sabine EQ/Compressor then to a Crown Xti 6000 in full range/stereo, then to 2 - QW4F's.

From that amp, I would "link out" into a Crown Xti 4000 in stereo mode, under the preset "Sub Synth" which has an internal crossover at 90 hz, then into the 2-SP218BX subs.

It doesn't have to be perfect..... But I do want it to sound good, have a simple setup and also have the equiptment be protected. Will that configuration work? 

Thanks guys! (for everything)

• Members

Terrible way to set up the amps and processing, makes just about zero sense.

Why are you so stubbornly refusing professional help to either design or provide a turnkey system? You are in way over your head. Every one if your comments confirms these thoughts.

• Members

At best, everyone just keeps telling me what's bad. No one is telling me anything constructive or solution focused, it's all just ridicule. 

I am banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out. I don't understand this stuff. I wasn't schooled in speakers. I don't know where to go to get help. The internet has wiped out all pro audio shops around me, so I thought forums were a good place to get advice.

Can I pay someone on here to call me, or email me? I'd be happy to send someone a consulting fee through Paypal to tell me what to buy. Please PM me if anyone is interested in that.

• Members

Yes be very careful with wattage ratings. I have several Bag End monitors that are only rated to 200 watts continuous but have a sensitivity rating of 101 db. Thus they don't require big amps for high spl. They get way too loud for me just hooked to an IPR1600

Archived