Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Live Sound Setup - Will This Work?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Live Sound Setup - Will This Work?

Okay, please don't be pissed. This will be my last post pertaining to all this! Thank you for everyone's help so far. For what it's worth, I feel like a total toolbox having to ask so many stupid questions. I made a terrible mistake last time with my purchase frying some speakers, so I want to make sure I am purchasing the right stuff!

I am trying to setup a rig for a band to play for 200-300 people at a company event. Can someone please approve this setup before I place my orders?

After researching and changing my mind a million times, I am going to get 2 - Peavey QW4F's and 2 - Peavey SP218BX Subs.

From the mixer, it would go through a Sabine EQ/Compressor then to a Crown Xti 6000 in full range/stereo, then to 2 - QW4F's.

From that amp, I would "link out" into a Crown Xti 4000 in stereo mode, under the preset "Sub Synth" which has an internal crossover at 90 hz, then into the 2-SP218BX subs.

It doesn't have to be perfect..... But I do want it to sound good, have a simple setup and also have the equiptment be protected. Will that configuration work? 

Thanks guys! (for everything)

Terrible way to set up the amps and processing, makes just about zero sense.

Why are you so stubbornly refusing professional help to either design or provide a turnkey system? You are in way over your head. Every one if your comments confirms these thoughts.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

• 333president
      333president commented
      Editing a comment

At best, everyone just keeps telling me what's bad. No one is telling me anything constructive or solution focused, it's all just ridicule. 

I am banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out. I don't understand this stuff. I wasn't schooled in speakers. I don't know where to go to get help. The internet has wiped out all pro audio shops around me, so I thought forums were a good place to get advice.

Can I pay someone on here to call me, or email me? I'd be happy to send someone a consulting fee through Paypal to tell me what to buy. Please PM me if anyone is interested in that.

• twostone
      twostone commented
      Editing a comment

Your best is go active with matching tops and subs and would make it way easier for yourself which takes the guess work out for ya so you can plug in and play. 

Where are you located? There could be a forum member near you. It is admirable that you are asking questions and trying to learn but your next post will be how you fried your newest speakers if you don't learn how to properly operate the system.

A&H GL2800 console, BagEnd Crystals over D-18's, 12"and 15" BagEnd and EAW wedges powered and processed by QSC, Klark, BSS, Symetrix, Valley, Sabine, Peavey and BagEnd INFRA.

Comment

What mixer?

What lights?

What DMX controller?
      PA Unity15's over LS800p's. YX15's, YX12's IPR power, RM32AI

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

Comment

Yes be very careful with wattage ratings. I have several Bag End monitors that are only rated to 200 watts continuous but have a sensitivity rating of 101 db. Thus they don't require big amps for high spl. They get way too loud for me just hooked to an IPR1600

A&H GL2800 console, BagEnd Crystals over D-18's, 12"and 15" BagEnd and EAW wedges powered and processed by QSC, Klark, BSS, Symetrix, Valley, Sabine, Peavey and BagEnd INFRA.

Comment

Working...
        X