Like Rice Krispies

• Members

Is it just me, or anyone that has a Studio live 16 4. 2 notice that the preset on the vocals are on the  piercing side. Male or female vocal settings. On my Analog I pretty much run everything close to flat and sounds good  at least to me but- maybe that's the problem me!!!

• Members

How can you make that assumption? So it couldn't be the vocal preset EQ Presonus used combined with a microphone that needs a different EQ, the FOH EQ, or the speakers the sound is coming out of? It's definitely jitter? 

My guess would be the preset has boosted mids and highs and your microphones aren't SM58's. Presets are pretty much worthless, especially with microphones. 

• Members

Mogwix wrote:

people actually use presets?

Yes they do I talked to a couple of guy's I know that have the 16 4 2 and they told me they used the presets but everyone i tried on the vocals male or female was disapointing to say the least. I pretty much set everything flat and it sounded much better the only thing I cut was around 100 to 200 hz I'm still expermenting with it though there is no doubt some of you could set it up in a few minutes and have it sounding fantastic not me I'm always second guessing myself.

Archived